How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Dears, as regards the downgrade process to go from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7, I just have one question, after having watched a YouTube video. On step 5, it is mentionned to insert the sd card. Is it in the sd card slot directly on the gimbal ? or into the other sd card slot ? (sorry if this question is not directly linked to the topic)

Thanks a lot papatita ! Just one last question : as these two methods are not the same, I understand that both methods give the same result, that means ending in 1.5.7. Is there a method more reliable than the other ? In the method shown by papatita's YouTube video, rc is never turned on. So I'm just wondering : will it also downgrade the rc in 1.5.7 ? Many thanks in avance !

Thanks a lot papatita ! Just one last question : as these two methods are not the same, I understand that both methods give the same result, that means ending in 1.5.7. Is there a method more reliable than the other ? In the method shown by papatita's YouTube video, rc is never turned on. So I'm just wondering : will it also downgrade the rc in 1.5.7 ? Many thanks in avance !
No, only drone.
Several times noticed rc signal is still good while drone doing rth and after downgrade did not happen again

Thanks a lot papatita for your quick feedback ! Much appreciated! But I think I will opt for method which dowgardes both drone and rc (by using the method I've seen on dji forum). This seems safer to me in case of future upgrade. And will use the sd card slot of the gimbal, as advised. Thanks again, I hope I will see the benefits and enjoy the results of your (excellent !!) mod after that ! ;)

Reactions: PapaTita
Respect for Papa Tita ( a donation too :) ). I updated to permanent 24dbm. I use 1.5.7 firmware and a windsurfer. The bird flew 820m far at 50 m high in a flat area. Then I go up. The max altitude was 500m, limited by the sofware. This more than enough. So i have a professional bird in a price of a standard. :)

Reactions: sinxa
image.png

Video 100%

Reactions: sinxa and PapaTita

NICE! Do You have Firmware 1.6.8 or 1.5.7?
I upgraded to 1.6.8 because it claims to reconnect faster when video is lost.
But I got slightly better video range with 1.5.7.
I got 1,3 km with 1.5.7 and just below 1km with 1.6.8. (CE no mod).
Both are acceptable I think.
I could consider downgrading to 1.5.7 but I am afraid that when I loose video it won't reconnect again before it's almost in front of me (as that was fixed in the latest FW).
Any experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

NICE! Do You have Firmware 1.6.8 or 1.5.7?
I upgraded to 1.6.8 because it claims to reconnect faster when video is lost.
But I got slightly better video range with 1.5.7.
I got 1,3 km with 1.5.7 and just below 1km with 1.6.8. (CE no mod).
Both are acceptable I think.
I could consider downgrading to 1.5.7 but I am afraid that when I loose video it won't reconnect again before it's almost in front of me (as that was fixed in the latest FW).
Any experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I updated to 1.6.8 out of the box and got 30m before loss of signal.
Downgraded to 1.5.7 and got 700m (unmodded)

Now considering a 5.8ghz amp for remote signal.

Reactions: sinxa and toegema
Amazing!!!
So, if I purchased DBS Mod Antenna and intend to mod my Phantom 3 Standard RC - you suggest to limit the RC to 20dbm and the drone 24 dbm (especially in hot countries)?

Did you see any real heating problems with 27 dbm?

Thanks Papa Tita - you are great and your work is really appreciated.
If I have it right, it's using the DBS with amps that's the big issue. Because the amps have a max input limit of 20dbm. If I have it wrong, someone please jump in here.

Last edited:
Hi Papatita,

I was in 1.6.8 with 20 dbm (v3.8) but experienced bad results with it (obviously due to the 1.6.8).
As a reslut, my goal was to be in 1.5.7 + 20 dbm mod (v3.8).

To achieve that, I :
- reverted back to CE
- downgraded to 1.5.7
- applied your 20 dbm mod again

Everything looks fine now (I need to test the results in the coming days).

But I just have 2 questions :

1. When applying the "revert back to CE", I did NOT have to click on step 2. Is that normal?
2. During the 20 dbm mod (once downgraded in 1.5.7), after having clicked on "Step 2" button, I got an error message : "Can't telnet to RC!!"
At this step, I'm pretty sure I was connected to the Phantom's wifi, as I tried to ping 192.168.1.1 (drone), 192.168.1.2(RC 2,4 GHz) and 192.168.1.3(RC 5,8 Ghz) in order to ensure I'm connected to the correct network.

I stopped/started both RC and drone and tried the whole process again => same result
Tried once again => same result
Tried once again a third time, and this time it succeeded!

Finally, everything seems to be fine now : I'm on 1.5.7+ with 20 dbm mod
But I'm just wondering why I got this "Can't telnet to RC!!" error. Do you have any idea about what could have been wrong?

Thanks a lot !

Julien

Hi Papatita,

I was in 1.6.8 with 20 dbm (v3.8) but experienced bad results with it (obviously due to the 1.6.8).
As a reslut, my goal was to be in 1.5.7 + 20 dbm mod (v3.8).

To achieve that, I :
- reverted back to CE
- downgraded to 1.5.7
- applied your 20 dbm mod again

Everything looks fine now (I need to test the results in the coming days).

But I just have 2 questions :

1. When applying the "revert back to CE", I did NOT have to click on step 2. Is that normal?
2. During the 20 dbm mod (once downgraded in 1.5.7), after having clicked on "Step 2" button, I got an error message : "Can't telnet to RC!!"
At this step, I'm pretty sure I was connected to the Phantom's wifi, as I tried to ping 192.168.1.1 (drone), 192.168.1.2(RC 2,4 GHz) and 192.168.1.3(RC 5,8 Ghz) in order to ensure I'm connected to the correct network.

I stopped/started both RC and drone and tried the whole process again => same result
Tried once again => same result
Tried once again a third time, and this time it succeeded!

Finally, everything seems to be fine now : I'm on 1.5.7+ with 20 dbm mod
But I'm just wondering why I got this "Can't telnet to RC!!" error. Do you have any idea about what could have been wrong?

Thanks a lot !

Julien
1. Normal.
2. At the step 1 is added the telnet command so that's why it is necessary to restart both rc and drone before pressing step 2 button. If the telnet does not active the message will be displayed like that.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If I have it right, it's using the DBS with amps that's the big issue. Because the amps have a max input limit of 20dbm. If I have it wrong, someone please jump in here.
That's why in the application there is options "Limit RC to 20 dBm", use this if you use amps like sunhans.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Perfect, I'll give it a go this weekend....
Since you're in the states and on FCC like myself, I wanted to ask if you did this mod and how it worked for you. Any errors or other issues with the install? Did making the drone set to 24dBm help? Also have the DBS installed w/o amps.

Reactions: sinxa
1. Normal.
2. At the step 1 is added the telnet command so that's why it is necessary to restart both rc and drone before pressing step 2 button. If the telnet does not active the message will be displayed like that.

Thank you Papatita for your anwsers.
As regards the issue I got twice, telling "Can't telnet to RC", I'm 100% I stoped/started both drone and RC before clicking Step 2 button, but nevermind : on the 3rd attempt, it finally worked! :)

Have a nice day!
Julien

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24