How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

PapaTita, Thaks a lot for the update! I was testing the new version and I have a doubt, if I change the box to scan channel 13 to 1 the text on the right textbox shouldn't change to SCAN="Y" ? in my version it will always display SCAN="N"

edit typing correction

May be this is what happen to me too.
On the 2nd attempt using this app, i attempted to check the scan 13-1 option. Once the craft and controller restarted, i found it live on 13th channel. But the next time controller rebooted, it will back again om 2nd channel that i thought it is the default channel when there is no other wifi signal arround.

PapaTita, Thaks a lot for the update! I was testing the new version and I have a doubt, if I change the box to scan channel 13 to 1 the text on the right textbox shouldn't change to SCAN="Y" ? in my version it will always display SCAN="N"

edit typing correction
just ignore the right textbox, when you process the scan channel will run as it should be

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: STAINLESS
May be this is what happen to me too.
On the 2nd attempt using this app, i attempted to check the scan 13-1 option. Once the craft and controller restarted, i found it live on 13th channel. But the next time controller rebooted, it will back again om 2nd channel that i thought it is the default channel when there is no other wifi signal arround.
You can choose the option ch13 so it can't move to other channel

Reactions: STAINLESS and sinxa
Amazing!!!
So, if I purchased DBS Mod Antenna and intend to mod my Phantom 3 Standard RC - you suggest to limit the RC to 20dbm and the drone 24 dbm (especially in hot countries)?

Did you see any real heating problems with 27 dbm?

Thanks Papa Tita - you are great and your work is really appreciated.
RC 20dbm and drone 24dbm is the right choice.
I don' feel overheat at 27dbm.

Hi all, i would try this mod, i have some doubts, how can i connect to wifi i see in tubevideo, p3_papa?!?

This mod is amazing!
Does anyone know what frequency the P3S uses as default?

If I am correct, the mod has the ability to Scan channel from 1-13, and then it finds an empty channel and sets it?
If I don't use this mod, how is a channel chosen by default? What is the difference?

Hi all, i would try this mod, i have some doubts, how can i connect to wifi i see in tubevideo, p3_papa?!?

Dont search this wifi name ;-) cause papatitz customized his phantom wifi

Search for the wifi you connect using your iphone but search it from your pc ;-) and VOILA !!!

tofay quick demo to my brother with tons of wifi without pushing too high i already did a gap of minimum 25 meters highand clear and sonid video !! Before with all wifi signal was lost at50 meters next to my home !!! Great mod !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm in 27 dbm mode recomended so i dint change anything but i think i will lower down the tx power to 20 dbm. Then i will do chanel test hopping chanel 13 will work smoothly.

Last time i did channel 13 fix + mod rc and drone it ended baddly with big stress.

I recomend as papatita to only patch rc this is why he called this option "recomended" lol

can this be done via SD card? i dont have wifi on my pc to connect to the phantoms network.

It wasn't me who asking the question . . . [emoji4]
I have done this mod last week.

Yes, it is can be done only by windows PC with wifi connection to connect the phantom controller.

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

ok

can this be done via SD card? i dont have wifi on my pc to connect to the phantoms network.

Doesnt matter now, i'll take it to work and do it on my computer there tomorrow.

Last edited:
ive just d/graded to 1.5.7 and applied papas mod.all went well. while sitting at my pc with bird sitting on window ledge(inside) i opened up and connected to GO and just sat there looking for awhile.
in about 10 minutes my birds location changed numerous times all the time going away from me,all while sitting on my window,i could even see it travelling at one stage??

its not papas mod(i think) thats the problem but 1.5.7. had issues with it before and had to revert back up.
so now im going back to 1.6 but would like to know will this overide papas mod? thanks

Hello Papatita,

I have used your program with recommended setting(27dbm) + scan channel, after that I was not happy with the choice of the channel (12)
I have done the "revert to CE"

Then I ran your program again with recommended setting(27dbm) only.
all seems ok with telnet app after startup of RC and drone but when I execute DJI Go app on iPad and GPS locks it reverts back to 17dbm.
I check "iwinfo" with telnet app to RC every 30 seconds for 10 minutes but it stays on 17dbm, both RC and drone.

When I manually execute "watchlog.sh" with telnet to RC you can see the script then looping every 10 seconds and it keeps the RC and drone on 27dbm with GPS lock as long as the script is running.

It looks like "watchlog.sh" is not executed by djiled.sh after startup of RC and drone, or am I doing something wrong?

d4c900b1d5ccde1d570a52f8a9e987bb.jpg

Test flight works great. 3000ft+, RC signal lost but still have video. Thanks!

Reactions: sinxa

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164