How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Ok sorry , now telnet method WORKS after your 27dbm Update.

V18vxq3.jpg

I'm on a PHANTOM 3 4K with dji go 2.8.4 and firmware version 1.5.40
I need to try the range now.
If it works i will donate with PAYPAL.

But i have some questions before :

1 ) Can this overheat my radiocontroller ?
2 ) If there is a firmware update , what should i do ?
3 ) What is the difference in your app between " Patch to FCC - RC ONLY " and "Patch to FCC - RC+DRONE " ?

Thanks you for your work. I will post a video of my tests soon.

Hi PapaTita ,

Thank you for making a mod 2.4GHz .

Now you can make a mod to increase the signal 5.8GHz , my drone has a short range .
I will be grateful .

There are two signals in P3S / 4k, 2.4Ghz for video, and 5.8Ghz for control, this mod is only for 2.4GHz

Oh ok Papa,,
I will try your method..

One more question papa,
What if I only replacing my 5.8Ghz antenna with 3rd party antenna for ex. "Hyperion Double Rhombic" while the x2 2.4Ghz antenna still using the stock.
Can I do that to increase the control range only?

Thank you :)

Ok sorry , now telnet method WORKS after your 27dbm Update.

V18vxq3.jpg

I'm on a PHANTOM 3 4K with dji go 2.8.4 and firmware version 1.5.40
I need to try the range now.
If it works i will donate with PAYPAL.

But i have some questions before :

1 ) Can this overheat my radiocontroller ?
2 ) If there is a firmware update , what should i do ?
3 ) What is the difference in your app between " Patch to FCC - RC ONLY " and "Patch to FCC - RC+DRONE " ?

Thanks you for your work. I will post a video of my tests soon.
1. Could be, if overheating then use option FCC 20 dBm
2. Run DJIUpdate.exe and select "Revert Back to CE" before upgrading the firmware, once the upgrade can be mod 27 dbm again.
3. "Patch to FCC RC + Drone" the script copied to RC and drone.
"Patch to FCC RC Only" the script copied only in RC and RC send telnet command to drone.

Oh ok Papa,,
I will try your method..

One more question papa,
What if I only replacing my 5.8Ghz antenna with 3rd party antenna for ex. "Hyperion Double Rhombic" while the x2 2.4Ghz antenna still using the stock.
Can I do that to increase the control range only?

Thank you :)
Of course, it could add further distance

Ok i will test that.
As i see i can change the power limit inside watchlog with notepad++

My last question is :

How many DBM can i use at MAX with STOCK ANTENNA without overheat my rc ??

2000?
2400?
2700?

thank you again !

Hello Papatita,

I have a p3 4k firmware 1.5.40 and dji go app 2.8.7 i've downloaded the latest software from papatita v3.7 i started the soft choosed rc patch only and i selected channel 13 only. I was connected to the wifi of the drone both rv and drone turned on. Firewall off and anticirus stopped. I click step 1 then when OK i restartes both drone and rc when connecting back to the drone wifi the iwinfo was still showing txpower 15 and chanel 2 .... Can you tell me what im doing wrong ?

Cheers
Flo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello Papatita,

I have a p3 4k firmware 1.5.40 and dji go app 2.8.7 i've downloaded the latest software from papatita v3.7 i started the soft choosed rc patch only and i selected channel 13 only. I was connected to the wifi of the drone both rv and drone turned on. Firewall off and anticirus stopped. I click step 1 then when OK i restartes both drone and rc when connecting back to the drone wifi the iwinfo was still showing txpower 15 and chanel 2 .... Can you tell me what im doing wrong ?

Cheers
Flo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
STEP 1
Restart
STEP 2
Restart

After that you can check with iwinfo.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi @PapaTita , thanks for the awesome patch. I had successfully patched my ps3 on the normal recommended option and i enjoy the extended range.

I tried to patch again with the optional features, "channel 13". Everything works fine during patching and i've checked with telnet and iwinfo that my ps3 stay on channel 13. Problem is, I can't connect my phone with the transmitter. My phone keeps popping "authenticating/obtaining Ip address" but it won't connect. I'm using XiaoMi note and tried other phone, samsung note 5 but both i can't connect to the wifi of the transmitter. Weird thing, my laptop able to connect with the transmitter and i'm able to telnet from laptop.

Is there anything i miss? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Is it in Europe always better for the range to use channel 13 since this channel is barely used in Europe? Or can it still interfere with channels that are close to 13 (like 11 or 12).
And, what does exactly the channel scan 13 to 1 do? I mean, i guess that out of the box the RC and Drone choose a channel that isn't used. If that is so, what is exactly the difference with the scan option in djiupdate?

Thank you for your work

Hi @PapaTita , thanks for the awesome patch. I had successfully patched my ps3 on the normal recommended option and i enjoy the extended range.

I tried to patch again with the optional features, "channel 13". Everything works fine during patching and i've checked with telnet and iwinfo that my ps3 stay on channel 13. Problem is, I can't connect my phone with the transmitter. My phone keeps popping "authenticating/obtaining Ip address" but it won't connect. I'm using XiaoMi note and tried other phone, samsung note 5 but both i can't connect to the wifi of the transmitter. Weird thing, my laptop able to connect with the transmitter and i'm able to telnet from laptop.

Is there anything i miss? Thanks in advance.
Some locations ban channel 13 and devices won't connect to it, I have a dlink ip camera that won't connect to channel 13 maybe you are having the same problem

Some locations ban channel 13 and devices won't connect to it, I have a dlink ip camera that won't connect to channel 13 maybe you are having the same problem

Ah.. I see, thats explain. I'm sure there a way to tweak it. Let me see what my phone can do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1