How Do I Check Firmware Version If It Marked 'N/A' ??

Reaction score
I cannot see which version of FW installed and cannot downgrade the FW.

when I insert SD card with .bin inside, the camera's LED do nothing, it just solid green.
There's no updating process.
It shows 'The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.'

Have tried and followed procedures i've read in this forum many times but there was no result.
does anybody here know how to resolve this issue?

Attachments

• 081458vxep6yfpsrrsopsz.jpg
    081458vxep6yfpsrrsopsz.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 802
eko.saputra, try installing the firmware like this.

Mine is NA as well. Can only see the Go App FW version.
You will not see the FW version unless everything is powered on, including the AC. Is your RC and AC powered on ?

Take a look at the attached picture in post #1 :)
Saw that, That's not telling me the AC is powered up and linked. Mine looks the same if only the RC and device are turned on.

I had exactly the same error this week on my brand new Phantom 3 4K, driven from Android DJI GO app version 3.0.0. Everything connected fine (camera pictures show on app, I can move gimbal with RC sticks), but I can't fly because the Sensors tab shows no IMU data (blank, or all zeros), and "Calibrate IMU" just hangs forever at 0%.

The IMU bug seems to be a known problem with factory firmware on the Phantom 3 4K, and the fix is just to upgrade the firmware. But the current app won't upgrade the bird's firmware--status shows "Latest version!", but the About panel shows Firmware: n/a, and the secret Downgrade Firmware button in the front page shows Equipment:Loading Firmware Version:Loading.

Last night I fixed this, by manually downloading a Phantom 3 4K binary firmware file from this blind-guessed URL:
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_4k/P3XW_FW_V01.05.0040.bin

When I copied this to the camera's microSD card, and started the bird, it went into firmware update mode (d-d-d-d four beeps and green-red camera LED flashing) for 20 minutes, and ended in successful update mode (camera LED solid green and D---- D-D beep).

Afterwards, my Phantom 3 4K was able to calibrate the IMU successfully, and I was able to fly and take video!

The update log file P3XW_FW_RESULT_AB.txt shows it succesfully updated the firmware:

========== 2014.01.01 00:03:47 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3XW_FW_V01.05.0040.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Strangely, I still see Firmware: n/a in the app, but I can confirm from /etc/firmware_version on the bird that it updated from "software version:01.00.09.38" (factory firmware?) to "software version:01.00.09.56", which might not be fully up to date, but does work!

It's frustrating that (1) the bird shipped with unusable firmware, (2) the firmware can 'only be updated from the app', but (3) the app does not seem to actually update firmware, only the manual microSD process from an undocumented source. Does anybody know where I can download other Phantom 3 4K firmware images, such as the latest supported version?

I've been flying happily since updating manually as above, but recently the DJI GO app did start offering me a firmware upgrade to 1.05.40. I haven't gotten around to letting it try the upgrade though.

do was to connect [UOTE="eko.saputra, post: 966815, member: 66490"]I cannot see which version of FW installed and cannot downgrade the FW.

when I insert SD card with .bin inside, the camera's LED do nothing, it just solid green.
There's no updating process.
It shows 'The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target
Have tried and followed procedures i've read in this forum many times but there was no result.
does anybody here know how to resolve this issue?[/QUOTE]

I had the same problems but what i had to the controller directly to the drones mini usb port while its checking the version for the drone after a few sec it will tell you it will disappear in a few sec and then then version number then is place in its rightful position......Now when you do that make sure you check it because for some reason it's like something within that **** update from DJI that placement for that version number wont stay there long and i get pissed off all over again and by the way i still have a black screen that i can get rid of i try everything to fix it DJI not working fast enough on a update they should have tested befor they gave it to the **** world, and i'm still pissed off on a drone i'm to scared to fly now with knowing where it going. Sorry for the novel i had to right feel free to copy and paste. And by the way try that and i hope you have better luck.

To find out what FW you have .............

Take the SD card and look at the bin file and its associated TXT file ... these tell you which FW is installed. I assume that you haven't played around with the card such as trying to downgrade FW etc.
If the FW is same as installed ... the TXT file will say aborted etc.

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic