Hot camera body?

Reaction score
New P3S owner here. I switch on the drone. The camera body gets very hot after 5 or 10mins of just sitting still on the table in my house. (not flying) This is without moving the gimbal or the drone. Even though it is hotter than I would imagine is good for it or the SD card, the image is clear. The gimbal calibrates OK.
Is this heat usual?
I'm just asking as I am concerned that I may have got a faulty unit. I guess I'm looking for reassurance.
Thanks.

That's normal. If you're going to run it indoors like that for a while, you can keep it cool by pointing a fan at it.

Reactions: rytenuff
They are known to get hot while turned on and just sitting there. It is not recommended without a fan blowing on the gimbal

This is normal.

You could possibly reduce heat slightly by calibrating the gimbal, balancing it if you have used external ND filter, moving it to a leveled ground. An additional fan pointing toward gimbal will help cooling it down.

The heat is generated by the gimbal motors that generate a small magnetic field in order to possition and hold the camera in place, like the guy's mention a small fan when not flying is recommended.

Thank you for the response folks.
If it was possible to use the Flight Simulator with the drone off this would not be a problem.
So to use it, I have to purchase a fan. Not something needed too frequently in the North of Scotland. :)

I don't think one needs simulator to learn drones flying. It's your choice buy a small cooling fan or go out to fields and learn flying on the real drone.

....which begs the question, why do coders bother to write them? Fulfilling a need or....?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl