What to Replace the Gimbal and Camera with ?

Reaction score
I took my DJI phantom 3 Standard to repair and they said that Upon first inspection we noticed that your gimbal camera has taken damage and is no longer processing any sort of image upstream. We attempted a firmware update but the gimbal camera would never begin the process. Since we can see damage to the framing that holds your main board we believe the entire gimbal camera system is shot. Sadly, due to the age of this unit we can no longer source parts and have exhausted our inventory on said parts. Since we cannot move forward with repairs we will send the unit back home… I wonder if there’s any way I can replace it with Something else, another system?

I took my DJI phantom 3 Standard to repair and they said that Upon first inspection we noticed that your gimbal camera has taken damage and is no longer processing any sort of image upstream. We attempted a firmware update but the gimbal camera would never begin the process. Since we can see damage to the framing that holds your main board we believe the entire gimbal camera system is shot. Sadly, due to the age of this unit we can no longer source parts and have exhausted our inventory on said parts. Since we cannot move forward with repairs we will send the unit back home… I wonder if there’s any way I can replace it with Something else, another system?
In a nutshell, No, the cameras are all unique, best bet is just to scrap it off

Bump. There might be a compatible ribbon cable to hook it up to the raspberry pi. I haven't counted the pins nor checked nor do I have access to the tech specs... #moonshot

I tried hooking up a faulty camera to my PC using the usb cable and powering it with the drone with no success.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl