Hello from Kent, WA. Need advice on where to practice.

Reaction score
I was given a Phantom 4 Pro and, since I live in the middle of about 5 airports I wanted to know the rules before I began to fly. I studied for and took my part 107 test. Now I want somewhere to practice with my drone. Anyone know of a wide open space that is safe and legal for a beginning pilot? I'm in Kent but would gladly travel a ways.

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hello @MMCDOWELL and welcome to the forum.

Here is a general link on the rules & regulations Know Before You Fly but for physical locations near you hopefully someone local can give you some first hand input there.

ryantrax

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio. I know you're in the middle of a bunch of National Parks too, keep in mind you aren't supposed to fly in those either. In addition to @BigAl07 suggestion of the B4UFly app the Airmap app is good too. Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: BigAl07

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparkyork