Hard Right Bank and Nose Dive

Its flight path indicates a motor failure IMO, the logs should indicate if the esc fire / failure started in air. If not the only logic is mid air collision. And just cause you didnt see the collision doesnt mean it didnt happen. I always say u gotta be prepared for every flight to be that particular birds last. There isnt always a blame other than its the nature of a electronic machine 300' off solid ground

Reactions: N017RW
This is the file DJI sent me saying it was a midair collision. I do not know exactly what it shows. Any help with this would be appreciated. I will the 41 second crash video in a little bit.
If you post the Fly076.Dat I can check the charts and stick movements, cell voltage, compass values etc in Dashware.

I did not get that information before I sent them the aircraft. I guess that should be a lesson learned for me and any other person reading this. This is why I like this forum.

DJI's chart proves nothing. It shows a rapid descent and then impact. If anything it shows a lack of impact at the top of descent. A bird strike would register clearly on the accelerometer.

I completely missed this chart. Are we talking about the attachment back in post 16 of this thread? I've attached it here just to be sure we're talking about the same chart.

I must be missing something because it looks to me like it was a mid-air acceleration event. The red line (altitude) shows a peak at about 8 meters. Just before that peak and slightly after the Y accelerometer (green line) shows a +8 g force event. The rate of descent after that seems to be about equal to the rate of ascent before the peak. The chart I'm looking at doesn't show the impact with the ground.

At first glance this appears to be a mid-air collision; either the P3 running into something or something running into the P3. This may well be the case but this conclusion isn't totally compelling. It's a little puzzling because it looks like there are 2 (maybe 3) acceleration events. It could be just 1 event in conjunction with the sampling rate that makes it look like multiple events. I don't think so though. It might be informative to look at the gyro data which would show if the hard right bank was coincident with the acceleration event or it occurred before or after. Attitude data would also be informative in this regard.

From the Z accelerometer data it would appear that if something hit the P3 it was from slightly below. The Y accelerometer shows being hit from the left. Taken together this might be the cause of the hard right bank.

@uavairman if the P3 comes back with the FLY076.DAT still on the internal SD card it'd be great if you could DropBox it so that I and others can take a look.

Attachments

• DJI Crash Info Pic.jpg
    DJI Crash Info Pic.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Ok, I will post the .dat file when I get it back. I am paying for it to get fixed today because I really need it...I miss flying it.

I keep emailing DJI, but they do not reply...got to love their customer service...they must be really busy.

Finally got it back today...where is the .dat file? I also got the info into healthydrones.com from my ios

FLY000 thru FLY010.dat were on there but none of the dates were for the accident. I am sure DJI removed them.

If you did not copy the logs, I recommend to anyone sending their Phantom in for warranty claims to make copies of ALL flight logs before you send it back (if possible). They may not be there when you get it back.

Sometimes the dates on the .DAT files get messed up. Could you upload the files that you have to flylog.info and I'll go through them and see if there is anything worth looking at. If there is I can post it via Dropbox for others to have a look. If you do upload them, be sure to let me know the file names.

Cancel that request. The chart you provided clearly shows FLY076.DAT being the relevant file. BTW, it may not be that DJI removed that file per se. Since the files you do have start at 0 it could mean that it's a new board with a new SD card. Maybe they tested for 10 flights.

This guy had a similar situation happen to him, but DJI paid for his repair...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31