Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

Low level light P3 - dusk. 8 seconds was too blurry.... I have DNG if anybody wants to see them

6 second shutter

DJI_0029 - 6 secs.JPG

4 second shutter
DJI_0030 - 4 secs.JPG

2 second shutter
DJI_0031 - 2 secs.JPG

4 second shutter
DJI_0033 - 4 secs.JPG

2 second shutter
DJI_0032 - 2secs.JPG

Mohan thanks a lot for these photographs. They give a nice insight in the possibilities of the stability of the P3.
But alas, the stability of the Inspire is of a totally different order.
The Inspire 1 is really a tripod in the sky. The P3 is not!!
But with a little bit of luck and multiple 1 sec exposures may produce a usable image.

Well lets have a slight hope that the production models will perform a little better.

Last edited:
Low level light P3 - dusk. 8 seconds was too blurry.... I have DNG if anybody wants to see them
What were the wind conditions like at the time? 2 seconds is a long time 8 is crazy is it really holding the shutter open that long or is it 10ths of a second?

It really does open the shutter for 2-4-6 seconds...

12 mph with 20 mph gusts. It was noticeably windy.

Hi Mohan, thanks for all of your information. Have you tried doing a HDR photo?

Since we have Tahoe/Blade keeping an eye on this thread...
This has been asked before and the answer has been ambiguous...
Do we void warranty if you pop the hood off the P3 to do a regular inspect?

While I may not agree with the policy, the answer is yes.

I wanted to let everyone know that we have offered to exchange the preproduction unit that Mohan has for a new production unit. He has refused that offer. Please note guys that the preproduction units are just that and nothing special. When we get done with them, they go back to China and we get production units. They have limited upgradability and many times the new hardware/firmware does not work with the old stuff. In this case the firmware will not be able to be upgraded and the batteries are only useful in that craft. It is part of the preproduction testing and release process. The P3 is his to do with as he sees fit. We did make the offer.

When the production model comes out will you produce an under the hood picture for us? Will DJI do this?.
Will you confirm that there will be a central motherboard?
We cannot open the bird because in that case we are void of warranty.

Those pictures from Mohan gave us a very new and essential insights in terms of repair costs if something goes wrong. Or was this a factory secret?

The point of pre-production is to test the entire manufacturing process.
From procurement (supply-chain)-to-packaging.

The development of the hardware you see/saw is costly.
Producing a significantly different version now would likely be prohibitively be costly.

Relax...

WYSIWYG

Last edited:
Looks like the P3 will be heading back to China soon...

Last edited:
This is a 'pro' (as in the opposite of: 'con') DJI website... No?

We're all DJI owners and T-Ed and the 'blade' guy are, among other things, DJI Ambassadors... No?

I took T-Ed's mention of 'we' is a proverbial we, as in DJI, a U.K. rep., or some other entity on their behalf.

I hope that this ends here because with the imminent delivery of DJI's latest RTF flying cameras it would be nice to have these guys around.

Let's keep the personal conversations personal and keep the topic(s) light and informative.

If an offer was made it should be enough. Or do we need a 'pound of [forum] flesh' to go with it?

This is a 'pro' (as in the opposite of: 'con') DJI website... No?

We're all DJI owners and T-Ed and the 'blade' guy are, among other things, DJI Ambassadors... No?

I took T-Ed's mention of 'we' is a proverbial we, as in DJI, a U.K. rep., or some other entity on their behalf.

I hope that this ends here because with the imminent delivery of DJI's latest RTF flying cameras it would be nice to have these guys around.

Let's keep the personal conversations personal and keep the topic(s) light and informative.

If an offer was made it should be enough. Or do we need a 'pound of [forum] flesh' to go with it?

I completely agree with you. I am 100% behind DJI - I think sometimes the messages get lost in translation. There have been some misunderstandings but looks like I am making progress.

Hi Mohan, thanks for all of your information. Have you tried doing a HDR photo?

I would love to see some bracketing (HDR) photos.

Great pictures, Mohan,

The Fourth of July fireworks should be extra fun this year!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20