Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

Nothing at that price point, I am more from a photographic back ground and you can pay £50 for a lens or £15000. Clearly the cheaper the lens the more likely hood it will suffer from distortion and chromatic aberrations. Even the same lens at different F values can show varying degrees of chromatic aberrations. Also the size of the sensor can impact on this also.

As TonG pointed out Adobe now recognizes the lens in its new version of the software and any common characteristics the lens is prone to can now be auto corrected.

But don't worry from what I have seen the pictures are going to look great

I second that.

WAHT17: What's wrong the lens?
In fact nothing besides the little things described above. If you don't
have photoshop or Lightroom don't worry. You can see apart from the Chro. Abb. almost no difference if you don't see the before and after corrections side by side. (the left and right edges are a little bit stretched out and the middle is a bit pushed backward so to speak)

In my opinion the P3 has a very good lens. Sharp from corner to corner, no color shifts toward the edges and everything looks well balanced.
Off course it is not a €1500,- plus lens.

Last edited:
First time in a week was very busy and could not get a chance to fly...

So I have to try

HDR bracketing
Slow shutter photos in darkness

Anything else?

On another note:
I know we're all waiting for the new units to be delivered.
Wonder how many years away we are from new drone purchases, being delivered by drones. ....
That would be a new level of cool. !

Well I was asked to help film find a phantom that had crashed into a tree that was over 100metres tall
Required to be very steady on top of the tree... I will try and upload a video

First time in a week was very busy and could not get a chance to fly...

So I have to try

HDR bracketing
Slow shutter photos in darkness

Anything else?

Multiple photo's to exclude coincidence 800/1600iso with a 1/4 and /1/8 shutter time.
If you like off course.
Curious about the noise and stability.

On another note:
I know we're all waiting for the new units to be delivered.
Wonder how many years away we are from new drone purchases, being delivered by drones. ....
That would be a new level of cool. !

Haha, that will be awesome. Will* bc it'll happen sooner or later!

Well it is very difficult to work out if there is a noticeable extra lag. If there is additional it is minimal. I am not sure how that would translate in real life if the UAV is travelling at 30mph and you want to avoid a power line or branch at the last second. I find FPV is very deceptive unless you have a lot of experience. I wouldn't land with the goggles without LOS
I'm curious, Mohan, will the Zeiss Cinemizers work with the P3?

Is there an extra USB or HDMI port on the Tx?

By default you will need a add-on board or an inspire tx.

Thank you Blade Strike!

I have used the Zeiss Cinemisers via the Nvidia Shield tablet in mirror mode.

Reactions: Fplvert

Will this work??
Now I can only assume Lightbridge has now freed up the wifi by passing the data via the micro USB.
With the wifi now free, I can only assume that mirroring via the chromecast will work with any HDMI input device.

http://www.google.com.au/intl/en_au...yTIH9o4KcS6YDHrM2p6-LEs7mwCedAFXRTRoCAi3w_wcB

** Subscriptions may be required to use with certain content providers. Casting optimised for selected apps only. Requires Wi-Fi. Chromecast is compatible with WiFi-enabled Android 2.3+ smartphones and tablets; iOS 7.0+ iPhone, iPad and iPod; Chrome for Mac® and Chrome for Windows®; and ChromeOS.

*** Mirroring is available on most Android devices. More information is available on the
Chromecast help centre.

That is great information, Mohan!

For us Cinemizer users the option of compatible tablets or pads is invaluable, as well as the field of view.

I've always used my 5s iPhone for the best FPV with the Cinemizers and my P2V+; the FOV is MUCH larger than using an iPad.

Blade Strike's post leads me to think I need an Inspire Tx, or an add-on board. I've seen the Tx, but no clue about the add-on board.

Thanks for your insights!

Thanks

I've read someone with Epson Moverios mirrored his Galaxy Tab S to his glasses via screen mirroring on the tab with the built-in Mirocast app on the Moverios, so I can't see why this wouldn't be possible on the P3

I've read someone with Epson Moverios mirrored his Galaxy Tab S to his glasses via screen mirroring on the tab with the built-in Mirocast app on the Moverios, so I can't see why this wouldn't be possible on the P3

I have tried this method before.. there is more noticeable lag as the mirroring occurs via wifi. When you use the Nvidia shield you are using the shield hardware to output what ever is on its screen to it's built in mini HDMI output. Any device with a HDMI input can then take this feed which include devices such as solid disk recorders such as the Atmos Ninja, FPV screens, Sony VR glasses etc..

Reactions: Fplvert
daleeb, can I ask what about the P3 makes you less fearful about flying over water? I live on the coast and there is saltwater everywhere here and makes for some great video opportunities. I do not take my +v3 over water...
I know I can get a better model now should I crash mine practicing chasing or flying low in front of a boat. On land I can send it out on GS and know it will come back, but over water I could make a mistake and send it into the drink.

Nice steady images. I'm envious.
I hope to get much better and lower, also I would like to come around the front of the boat and fly backwards and do circles around it.

So, Phantom 2 props won't work. I wonder when spares for the Phantom 3 will be available?
I can live without a spare battery for a while, but I'd like to see them released on May 15th as well.

So, Phantom 2 props won't work. I wonder when spares for the Phantom 3 will be available?
I can live without a spare battery for a while, but I'd like to see them released on May 15th as well.

You will receive 8 props.
If you take your time and prepare properly you'll only need 4.

Reactions: eracer
Mohan, i was also looking at the nvidia shield. How much is 20 minutes of recorded screen in mb?
Also, is it good in sunlight and can you compare with an ipad air 1?
You have a sun shade or matte screen protector?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT