Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

I would love to see some bracketing (HDR) photos.

Here is a final result.. This was from one of my inspires a few weeks ago. Same camera as the pro:
a7765276-220-DJI_0017_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

Here is a final result.. This was from one of my inspires a few weeks ago. Same camera as the pro:
a7765276-220-DJI_0017_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

That's so surreal...
How many bracket photos is that?
Will the phantom able to keep just as still as the inspire to achieve this?

That's so surreal...
How many bracket photos is that?
Will the phantom able to keep just as still as the inspire to achieve this?

3 shot bracketed.. Yes it does the shots really fast, it just takes about 5secs to write the raw files.

That pic looks awesome Blade. Im so certain Ill upgrade my Vision to the Phantom 3.

Adobe brought yesterday its new version of Photoshop and Lightroom out. They now recognizes the lens of the Inspire/P3 and can autocorrect its flaws. That means autocorrect lensdistortions but also chromatic aberrations. Very nice.

By the way; can everybody who post pictures on this forum also mention shutter times and iso-values. It gives great insides especially with low-light and HDR images.

Adobe brought yesterday its new version of Photoshop and Lightroom out. They now recognizes the lens of the Inspire/P3 and can autocorrect its flaws. That means autocorrect lensdistortions but also chromatic aberrations. Very nice.

By the way; can everybody who post pictures on this forum also mention shutter times and iso-values. It gives great insides especially with low-light and HDR images.

Tony isn't the info on the picture? I didn't realise it was stripped when uploaded to the website.

Tony isn't the info on the picture? I didn't realise it was stripped when uploaded to the website.
That info was inside your pictures but not inside that nice HDR from Bladestrike.

When editing pictures you wil often looses these data.

Ton

Last edited:
Hi Mohan,

I was wondering if this would be done on the P3 with the Nvisdia Shield HDMI out to another display / goggles and if there is any lag on the other display

Thanks and appreciate your post

Well it is very difficult to work out if there is a noticeable extra lag. If there is additional it is minimal. I am not sure how that would translate in real life if the UAV is travelling at 30mph and you want to avoid a power line or branch at the last second. I find FPV is very deceptive unless you have a lot of experience. I wouldn't land with the goggles without LOS

What's wrong the lens?

What's wrong the lens?

Nothing at that price point, I am more from a photographic back ground and you can pay £50 for a lens or £15000. Clearly the cheaper the lens the more likely hood it will suffer from distortion and chromatic aberrations. Even the same lens at different F values can show varying degrees of chromatic aberrations. Also the size of the sensor can impact on this also.

As TonG pointed out Adobe now recognizes the lens in its new version of the software and any common characteristics the lens is prone to can now be auto corrected.

But don't worry from what I have seen the pictures are going to look great

(Sorry I'm away from a computer for a few days so I can't check myself.)

Do the photos get location metadata from the P3? If so is it just latitude, longitude or is there altitude and other drone specific data?

(Sorry I'm away from a computer for a few days so I can't check myself.)

Do the photos get location metadata from the P3? If so is it just latitude, longitude or is there altitude and other drone specific data?

There is the usual data - including GPS

Since we are getting answers from DJI and mohan who have the P3
Any answers to a different thread I had asked???

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/telemetry-data-and-videos.38922/#post-356176
I saw this video today where Telemetry data was overlayed on the video

On his P2 Vision + it Looks like he was able to do this with extra hardware Flytrex and software DashWare
If I am understanding the difference of the P3 over the P2 is the use of the DJI Pilot app.
Since that app stores your flights it looks like is probably storing the Telemetry data somewhere?
Is this data stored in the DJI Pilot app or on the MicroSD card in the Phantom?
Is the Telemetry data accessible for download?​

I think in order to get this data you have to at least turn on Video Caption? Just wondering if the data is available for download after doing so?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT