H3-3D makes a nasty grinding noise

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got a gimbal/FPV set up for my P2, and my gimbal is acting crazy. When I turn on the drone, it makes a really bad grinding noise, like grinding gears. It then just...does whatever it wants. Sometimes it faces forwards and twitches side to side, sometimes it faces down and does the same thing. I have recalibrated my X1 control, but I can't really figure out what else might be wrong. Most videos I see where people are having "noise and movement issues" with their h3-3d are minimal compared to what mine is doing. I'm really hoping it's not fried...Any help is appreciated.

Mine did the same. Watch this and read the comments below. Adam has the answer, Set screw is loose and arm is moving on the shaft.

Mine did the same. Watch this and read the comments below. Adam has the answer,

The set screw is a very small hex screw on the yaw motor arm. Set screw is loose and arm is moving on the shaft. It's on the left side of the gimbal just move the camera to the extreme left to see it.
IMG_0024.jpg

I'm having this same problem. Screw is tightened, nothing is loose, using the latest firmware. Same exact setup as I was using last time I flew - and it worked fine then. I'm at a loss here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20