my gimbal is getting a lot of problems

Reaction score
Ok A couple of months ago my gimbal started making weird sounds as if it were gears grinding however i ignored it. My mistake however as now my gimbal goes crazy by moving up and down and side to side. Sometimes when i turn on the drone it doesn't move and i have to touch it and it goes crazy. It sometimes makes a grinding noise and gets really hot. Please give me help on what i should do its too expensive buying another one. I took off the back and the moon shaped thing was in line with the camera help me please

Sounds to me like you have some foreign material in one (or both) of the motors (roll and yaw). That could account for the "gears grinding" noise you heard prior to seeing what happens now when you power-up. It could also account for the failure of the gimbal to start it's post-power-up cycle - until you touch the gimbal. The foreign material could be very, very small, and when you touch the gimbal it might be getting just enough of a nudge to let current pass by that material which, in turn, would start the post-power-up cycle.

Depending on your dexterity - and the amount of courage (and tme) that you have - it is possible to for you to disassemble those parts of the gimbal that would allow you to get to those motors. You can then pop them open and take a look at the insides to see if there is anything that appears "wrong". Sometimes it IS as simple as that - other times, well, not so much.

Sounds to me like you have some foreign material in one (or both) of the motors (roll and yaw). That could account for the "gears grinding" noise you heard prior to seeing what happens now when you power-up. It could also account for the failure of the gimbal to start it's post-power-up cycle - until you touch the gimbal. The foreign material could be very, very small, and when you touch the gimbal it might be getting just enough of a nudge to let current pass by that material which, in turn, would start the post-power-up cycle.

Depending on your dexterity - and the amount of courage (and tme) that you have - it is possible to for you to disassemble those parts of the gimbal that would allow you to get to those motors. You can then pop them open and take a look at the insides to see if there is anything that appears "wrong". Sometimes it IS as simple as that - other times, well, not so much.[/Q

Depending on your dexterity - and the amount of courage (and tme) that you have - it is possible to for you to disassemble those parts of the gimbal that would allow you to get to those motors. You can then pop them open and take a look at the insides to see if there is anything that appears "wrong". Sometimes it IS as simple as that - other times, well, not so much.
thank you i will try that but do you have any thought about why the gimbal is moving up and down so crazy

no i have never crashed it the most that has happened was the propellers hit a wall and it made the drone do a a spin but it didn't crash it landed after

Could be the very same thing - foreign material in the motor housing. It could be shorting out motor winding/magnet gaps, or it could be messing with a position sensor. Either way it would do what you describe. But it could also be something burned out/messed up in the electronic circuitry itself.

Also, you mentioned the gimbal get very hot when it does these gyrations. I have noticed the CAMERA gets quite hot - especially if the drone stays on the ground when powered up - but I have not noticed the gimbal itself doing so. That could be a sign of some electronics failure going on in a motor's circuitry. Can you tell if the heat is coming from either the yaw or the roll motor?

That is where I would start looking if I were tearing the gimbal down to repair it.

@nattydred,
I don't see if you did a Gimbal Calibration?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4