P2 with H3-3D

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just recieved my P2 with H3-3D today and well pleased with the purchase but i do have one issue i cant seem to solve.
The gimbal does not point forward, it is angled to the right and when you power up it just makes a grinding noise. I can adjust the tilt using the dial at the top but van not center it? Any ideas?

Using Go-pro 4 Black, updated firmware and supposedly calibrated it, but still no change.

Thanks

Craig

Hi all,
I just recieved my P2 with H3-3D today and well pleased with the purchase but i do have one issue i cant seem to solve.
The gimbal does not point forward, it is angled to the right and when you power up it just makes a grinding noise. I can adjust the tilt using the dial at the top but van not center it? Any ideas?

Using Go-pro 4 Black, updated firmware and supposedly calibrated it, but still no change.

Thanks

Craig

Craig you might try doing a factory reset on the gimbal then reinstall its software. Watch this video which will show you how to do it.

You will have to re-calibrate the RC and P2 in there assistant software when you're finished with doing the reset.

Reactions: J3FF0RD
Hey Jason, thanks for replying. I have tried that but no luck. I dont think the previous owner is being completly honest with me.
I have spent hours trawling the net for ideas/answers but nothing has worked. I have come across a few pictures with the main main arm being in a verticle straight line with equal gap running through. My one is at a slight angle with different size gap at each end. I may be completly wrong, im no expert and completly new to this but just seems strange, thats why im on here for advice :)
Please find below a clip of it starting up and picture of the main arm.
Any further help/advice much appreciated.
Thanks Craig

Hey Jason, thanks for replying. I have tried that but no luck. I dont think the previous owner is being completly honest with me.
I have spent hours trawling the net for ideas/answers but nothing has worked. I have come across a few pictures with the main main arm being in a verticle straight line with equal gap running through. My one is at a slight angle with different size gap at each end. I may be completly wrong, im no expert and completly new to this but just seems strange, thats why im on here for advice :)
Please find below a clip of it starting up and picture of the main arm.
Any further help/advice much appreciated.
Thanks Craig

Both the photo and video shows that vertical arm of the gimbal is bent an there is also damage to the metal gimbal frame as well.That damage was caused either by an extremely hard landing or a crash.

There are videos on youtube that show how some have straighten out their gimbals or just replace it with a newer H4-3D gimbal.

DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for GoPro HERO4 Black CP.ZM.000145 B&H

I would suggest either to buy longer landing gear or snap on extension as in this link.

DJI Phantom 2, Vision, Vision + Snap-on 30 MM Riser for landing gear. | eBay

I use them and they keep the gimbal/camera off the ground
IMG_9150.jpg
IMG_9151.jpg

Last edited:
Right i have straightened the arm out as almost perfect as can be. When it powers up it sits well horizontally but swings right round until it can not turn any further. The tilt wheel works fine, its just facing the front. Could this be corrected with a new ribbon wire by any chance?
I like the idea of the new gimbal but considering i paid 3260 for this set up and few days ago and not even flown it yet, i didnt really want to spend out any more on it just yet. Im trying to get the seller to refund some money as he has sold an item that wasnt how he described but its takinga while to get replies from him.
Thanks again for you help and advice on this issue :)

Right i have straightened the arm out as almost perfect as can be. When it powers up it sits well horizontally but swings right round until it can not turn any further. The tilt wheel works fine, its just facing the front. Could this be corrected with a new ribbon wire by any chance?
I like the idea of the new gimbal but considering i paid 3260 for this set up and few days ago and not even flown it yet, i didnt really want to spend out any more on it just yet. Im trying to get the seller to refund some money as he has sold an item that wasnt how he described but its takinga while to get replies from him.
Thanks again for you help and advice on this issue :)

What about the metal bracketas that bent as well? There is a screw on the yaw motors arm that may moved when it was crashed by the previous owner and can be adjusted until the gimbal is centered again. That screw will also allow the assembly to move up and down as well.
IMG_0024.jpg

Right, gotcha. I have posted a picture of the yaw screw and it looks more unscrewed than your picture? When adjusting the screw, should the drone be powered on with GoPro in place? Sorry for all the questions.

20170122_162443_zpswadusf0s.jpg

Right, gotcha. I have posted a picture of the yaw screw and it looks more unscrewed than your picture? When adjusting the screw, should the drone be powered on with GoPro in place? Sorry for all the questions.

20170122_162443_zpswadusf0s.jpg

Do not add power to the gimbal but adjusting the arm can be a real challenge. After you turned it go into the software and check the gimbal configuration that all are set at 50, 0 and 0 an leave FPV MODE unchecked

Hey Jason! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, work has taken all my time up lately.
IT WORKED! You my friend are THE man! It was a tad difficult to adjust. After a few attempts i realised the main spindle has a shaved edge where the set screw locks against...this was the issue, where the screw had came loose the spindle had rotated and the screw was not up against the shaved part.
Now we have a straightened fully working gimbal.
Thanks again for all the help and pointers, i am well happy now.
Craig

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair