Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail?

Thanks, thats pretty much my thinking on it too. If I were doing this as a business, a backup makes sense. But as a weekend warrior and hobbiest, I can think of a lot better uses for a few C notes.

Having a fleet is a good thing Wolf . Lots of members have more than 1.
I just have 2 but fly them both .

Not dissing your decision. But why? I am not in business nor do I intend to be. I don't want the hasles of 333 ex paperwork. I had nor have any aspirations of doing any commercial work with them.

Can I see having a backup widget that costs only a couple C notes? Yea, maybe. But not a backup $800 bird.

My SIL has a couple pistols and a rifle I could get used to having in my safe. He liked the P3P when he flew it a few weeks ago and was asking where to get them and how much. May see if he wants to do a swap or something.

giphy.gif

They are shipping it back...

Given its so far taken 6-7 days travel from Cali to here, looks like next weekend. If so, it will be here this month. So now I wait.

Wonder what they did to it. What FW it will have.

And I guess I gotta finally make a decision. Do keep it or sell it off? Is there any real reason anyone can think of to keep a P3A and a P3P at the same time? Not like I can fly two at once. And the P3P does everything the P3A does and more. So, is there any valid reason not to sell/gift it?
Good news! If you will never use it go ahead and sell it or keep it. ;)
I have six in my "nest" myself along with other assorted RC vehicles.

Not dissing your decision. But why? I am not in business nor do I intend to be. I don't want the hasles of 333 ex paperwork. I had nor have any aspirations of doing any commercial work with them.

Can I see having a backup widget that costs only a couple C notes? Yea, maybe. But not a backup $800 bird.

My SIL has a couple pistols and a rifle I could get used to having in my safe. He liked the P3P when he flew it a few weeks ago and was asking where to get them and how much. May see if he wants to do a swap or something.
Nothing wrong with filling your safe up Wolf .I like keeping mine the same.
Collecting guns are about the same as quads .
Just nice to have .;)

I feel you need to sell it Wolf. You will never have peace of mind, and always question this particular P3A. It has caused too much grief in your life already. Sell it and be done with it. Your P3P will serve you well.

SD

Wolf, is your package shipped via 2nd day or do you know?

To others, I just got the correct shipping label 10:30 this morning. I lost three days of my repair wait, because they entered the wrong zip code.

Last edited:
Wolf, is your package shipped via 2nd day or do you know?

To others, I just got the correct shipping label 10:30 this morning. I lost three days of my repair wait, because they entered the wrong zip code.

Standard ground AFAIK.
Scheduled delivery:
Thu 2/18/2016 by end of day

So far its been through NEEDLES, CA, BELEN, NM, FLORENCE, KS on its way to Wisconsin.

I have briefly brushed through this post, you shouldn't be going down the standard RMA route.

It's less than 14 days since you received it so request a DOA exchange.

I've gathered that you're in the states so it may not be any help but I was given an email address for the DOA programme and it's all been arranged in 1 day!.

The email just in case you wanted to try is [email protected]

Again, I know that's an EU support extension but maybe they can direct your email to the American equivalent.

Best of luck with it sir.

Standard ground AFAIK. So far its been through NEEDLES, CA, BELEN, NM, FLORENCE, KS on its way to Wisconsin.
So far, mine has traveled 576 miles, it has 470 to go. What else are you going to while you wait. :rolleyes:

If they haven't received it yet then just email them and request a DOA replacement rather than a repair, they can't argue and they should have offered that in the first place, I apologise as I didn't realise it was an old post.

I'm a noobie myself.

Mine is already on its way back. It actually bucked the trend for the average 4-6 weeks they normally sit in RMA. They got it turned around in about 10 days (from the time they received it to the time they shipped it). Plus a week travel there and a week travel back. Sigh. 4 weeks. Better than 6-8 weeks I suppose.

Yeah I feel your pain, hopefully no more issues now, have they emailed you to say what was wrong with it?

Mine has been received, Tick-Tock, Etc :)

I've just sent mine off for a DOA swap, all paid for by DJI, it's a sign of improvement for their after sales service.

Well, it left Cali on Fri 2/12/2016. Still showing "In Transit" but still expected to deliver tomorrow.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Mary Jo and Lulu.... ordered an Nvidia Shield from B&H at high noon on Mon 2/15/2016 and tracking says its being delivered tomorrow as well.

3 Days for a tablet from New York.
7 Days for the drone from California.

And for the record, the 7 day delivery time is consistent. It took about 7 days for the original delivery of the P3A when ordered from DJI (shipped from Cali as well).

Not sure if DJI has a special deal with FedEx for a mule train delivery method or what, but..

Recent deliveries (last year or so)...
Rifle scope - 3 days from California
QR Rail from southern Texas - 2 days.
8 1kg spools of printer filament - 4 days from California (2 were weekend)
2 1kg spools of printer filament - 4 days from Netherlands
1 kg spool plus samples of printer filament - 5 days from Germany
Misc laser parts - 7 days from China
150lb 50w laser CnC/Engraver from China - 7 days.

Sad DJI can't get a 3lb drone from inside the US to another state in under a week when I can get a 150lb laser cutter from china in the same time period or 17lbs of filament from The Netherlands in half that time.

So here I sit awaiting delivery tomorrow. Can't wait to see whats in the box (drone). Not sure what they did. No response from inquiry asking what they did. Not sure what firmware I will be facing. Or if they even fixed it correctly.

Wholly Crap, 1 day and they have checked it in. This could be a record!
"Moving through the process queue"
Another link and another number to track, they have changed the system again.

If its the same as mine, the link only gets you to the page. Then you have to stupidly copy-paste the number and then enter a captcha. Seriously stupid. The link should have the number embedded in it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.