Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail?

Update:
FedEx tracking shows that the P3 is on a FedEx truck out for delivery to DJI. They should have it today. So now we see how long it takes them to acknowledge receipt, get it in the system, get it repaired, and kick it back out the door.

About a week from Florida to California, I am 3 days. Prepaid correct? When I sent my first repair it took 7 working days for it to be checked in.

About a week from Florida to California, I am 3 days. Prepaid correct? When I sent my first repair it took 7 working days for it to be checked in.
It was shipped from Wisconsin last Thursday AM (our pickup time).

Yes, they provided the shipping label or I would have gone into total meltdown since I only had the P3A for less than 2 days before failure.

Well, so far, so good. Got an email today.
We have received your unit. The Repair Tracking Number for your product is

According to FedEx, it was delivered 2/2/2016 and it was acknowledged today (2/4). So it only took a couple days to get it into the system, read the SN off the bird and send me an email on the status.

For those following along...
2016/2/6 3:50:30 - Status on the repair changed to Repair cost assessement: Free Of Charge

So its not repaired yet. Just assessed. At least some progress is better than none.

Are you still going to take this baby to the range when you get it back? :)

If they were going to try to say this was my fault or something, yea, I wasn't gonna pay more money. Take it to the range? Probably.

But maybe not as a target. But a target carrier, maybe. Thinkin of attaching a dowel to one landing gear horizontal. Then suspend a target below that, say 10' of line then another dowel to hang a paper target from. I think it would be a unique shooting experience. Hell, I have never missed a target by 10'. 10" maybe, never 10'.

Say, did you ever get your latest bird from DJI or are you still waiting? IIRC, you ordered one of the 4k birds.

It came sooner than expected (Tuesday). I missed the delivery guy, so I didn't get it until Wednesday.

fedex.png

Well, I will be a few days behind you. I called and got an Return Ticket today. I had a strong head wind. It ran out of power headed back to me. Battery level dropped really fast. It landed 700' away. I was at 1650' it landed at 1350'. I was flying about 200', the battery quit at -75', so it dropped 225'. I was watching it land and then the props quit and it dropped out of site. Where it went down is about 3500' from my house. The next flight I was going to try to fly over my house and the neighbors. We loaded up, drove to a Neighbors and walked in from there. It was about 1500' to walk in and find it. Took about 1 hr. Found it with Marco Polo. Camera broke off of gimbal, gimbal arm hitting its mounting plate, rybbon cable broke and broke one landing gear.

Status change.
2016/2/11 7:50:04 - Repaired and tested

The thing that is really chapping my britches is they have sent NO emails since the notified me of the receipt. I have to keep logging in and checking each day. Boy, their feedback system leaves a lot to be desired. At least its being fixed.

So anyone wanna start an office pool as to when it arrives (Feb, Mar or April)? :)

I assume you read this post.
Advanced - Newbie battery question

Anyways, I still have not got a correct shipping label from them yet.
On their FreshDesk at the top,

Says: Being Processed since 19 hours 36 minutes

My message that triggered which is at the bottom of the page.

Rod
said about 20 hours ago
Will somebody please send me the correct shipping label so my return address is Hood River, Or, 97031 and not South Pasadena, Ca, 91031.

:mad::(o_O:confused:

NC

I could read your posts all day. But, DJI support is still not going to help you here.
Lets try to be a bit nicer to the members, you of all people should be sensitive to this. Not sure why you thought he was expecting DJI to see it here, if you would of read his post you would know he has been in direct contact with DJI. If you do not have a helpful post it is best to not post at all.

giphy.gif

They are shipping it back...

Dear <removed>,

Thank you for your patience!

Your unit has been shipped via :FED-X. The tracking number is:<removed>

The address your unit is being shipped to is listed below:

<removed>

We hope the unit will be delivered soon. Thank you for choosing DJI!
DJI Technical Support Center

This is a system automated message, please do not reply to this email, if any
question, please email [email protected]

Given its so far taken 6-7 days travel from Cali to here, looks like next weekend. If so, it will be here this month. So now I wait.

Wonder what they did to it. What FW it will have.

And I guess I gotta finally make a decision. Do keep it or sell it off? Is there any real reason anyone can think of to keep a P3A and a P3P at the same time? Not like I can fly two at once. And the P3P does everything the P3A does and more. So, is there any valid reason not to sell/gift it?

Is there any real reason anyone can think of to keep a P3A and a P3P at the same time?
Other than for a backup, it'll probably just be a very expensive paperweight :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic