GoPro Hero 4 fits my H3-3D....

Hey kiddo, my statements are based on facts, personal experience and 10 years in the aerial video business both with rc platforms and fullsize, Ronin is okay, but nothing more, try mounting it on a car and drive in 50mph, or try getting something out of it from a heli, you got that experience too?
Like i said, Ronin is okay for light productions, but a pro who needs quality and reliability wont buy a Ronin, he buys a Movi rig, made from people who knows all about filmproduction, Ronin will serve well for indie photographers.
I bought a Phantom for play and fun, would never charge money using that for pro work.
Phantom is what it is, its an advance toy that eventually has grown more or less free of bugs, after all those years, btw, ive been following Dji from day one, when they tried to copy Helicommand Profi, can tell you all about how that start went, and again, they started copying another product, and didnt knew what they were doing, now, 6-7 years later, the only difference, is that they have become better at copying stuff, and eventually learned something other would have found out during the r&d stage.
End of discussion.

And I agree, DJI really should have used a time machine to figure out how much the new GoPro weighs 9 months before it comes out so they can be sure to design it into their gimbal

And btw, youre resonating just like the Chinese, instead of finding a more future proof solution called, software calibration, that would eliminate all those small problems, a perfect example of what im trying to tell you...

6281.b1_5F00_78ABD06D.jpg

For those sitting in the cheap seats, the H3-3D gimbal was not designed to carry the GoPro Hero 4. You must therefore modify your gimbal to make it work.

As long as its virtually the same camera, only 7 grams difference with the exact same shape, it doenst matter, should have worked anyway. 7 gr difference causing it not to work, pretty much sums up how poorly designed it is, but then again Chinese dont know anything about such things, or the arent able to think ahead.
Let me repeat that for you SEVEN GRAMS.

Right - let's just slam 2bn people and the fastest growing economy in the world...because they obviously don't know what they're doing. Whenever you say stuff like "Chinese don't know...bla bla" - you are just painting yourself as an extraordinarily insular person.

Your great "copycats" are only one of the worlds great inventive nations: from Paper to Printing (long before Caxton), to Gunpowder to the Compass, Spaghetti, the Abacus, Medicine,Brain Surgery and on and on and on....

Its actually possible to make a critical comment about the current state of IP use and innovation in china without resorting to xenophobia, gr8pics, and it would probably result in fewer completely worthless posts in this thread!

My Hero 4 works really well with the H33D (I had to do the "button" adjustment). Unfortunately I had to go back to the ribbon cable, as the back connector replacement - although it worked with 3+ perfectly - does not work with Hero 4 ;( any ideas why? other accessories should be compatible (battery back pack, back screen)

whoever said the Hero3 to Hero4 weight difference was only 7 grams got their stats mixed up. The weight difference between a Hero4 Black and Hero4 silver is only 5 grams, but the weight difference between a Hero4 Black and Hero 3+Black is 12 grams. While 12g might not seem like much to you, to a precision instrument like the H3-3D that's a significant change and not surprising at all that there are issues.
citation: http://www.gizmag.com/gopro-hero4-vs-gopro-hero3plus/34090/

pietrekpong said:
My Hero 4 works really well with the H33D (I had to do the "button" adjustment). Unfortunately I had to go back to the ribbon cable, as the back connector replacement - although it worked with 3+ perfectly - does not work with Hero 4 ;( any ideas why? other accessories should be compatible (battery back pack, back screen)

long story short is that other guys claiming to have talked directly to GoPro are saying that for some reason (I'm not clear on the reason, just the result) in our application (Zenmuse H3-3d) the camera is not outputting video out that back connector. You are correct that the backpack screen works (I did this myself last week) but for some reason the H3-3D doesn't.

After using a dremel to nick the h3-3d plate so it doesn't press that settings button, the hero4 is working in my h3-3d but I'm currently having the horizon imbalance issue... when I mount the Hero3+ Black the horizon is perfectly level, but when I mount the Hero4 I get a 2-3 degree tilt to the right, even after counterbalancing and attaining power-off neutral balance.
If anybody has any suggestions for that they would be welcome
cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik