GoPro Hero 4 fits my H3-3D....

Reaction score
Hi, my H3-3D brought 2wks ago and my GoPro Hero 4 that arrived today fits perfectly. No Problems whatsoever.

Cheers Mark

Re: GH4 fits my H3-3D....

I think Mark means a GoPro Hero 4. Do you mean something else? Its pretty well known now that it fits the 3D v1.1 with a little balancing. Not the same story with the v1 with the GoPro plug apparently

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Re: GH4 fits my H3-3D....

This, is a GH4:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l2RYDz22Bc[/youtube]

This is a GP4
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynf0JlSsL24[/youtube]

Sorry it's just odd to me to imagine the GH4 mounted on a Phantom... Tempting probably, but not really possible actually...

Also thinking that a bit of card/plastic cut out to size of the rear of the plate and inserted into the plate would sit the whole GoPro forward a bit and still be able to secure it with the bracket and screws. Gotta be better than grinding a section out. IMHO.

So, I have the gimbal that does not work with GP4. The one with the connectors on the back. I need to buy the one that DOES fit. I think this one has the connectors on the side? Can someone tell me exactly what I should be looking for please? Thanks!!!

wieland said:
So, I have the gimbal that does not work with GP4. The one with the connectors on the back. I need to buy the one that DOES fit. I think this one has the connectors on the side? Can someone tell me exactly what I should be looking for please? Thanks!!!

I don't have the V1 gimbal, however I wonder if you could simply convert it to USB using the following:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... e_for.html

q8f1 said:
Also thinking that a bit of card/plastic cut out to size of the rear of the plate and inserted into the plate would sit the whole GoPro forward a bit and still be able to secure it with the bracket and screws. Gotta be better than grinding a section out. IMHO.

Because the Hero 4 is just a bit heavier than the Hero 3, I found that it to be a bit more finicky with being off balance. For example I was not able to use my normal lens hood with it because the prop wash was sending the gimbel into fault mode (jerking quickly down and back up again). Did not have this issue with my Hero 3. For that reason, I think you might run into issues if you try to mount it forward as you suggest. I took the Dremel to mine and just took a small amount off where the button hits. Really no big deal and only took a minute. You do not need to take much off. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Pete

mcopete said:
q8f1 said:

Because the Hero 4 is just a bit heavier than the Hero 3, I found that it to be a bit more finicky with being off balance. For example I was not able to use my normal lens hood with it because the prop wash was sending the gimbel into fault mode (jerking quickly down and back up again). Did not have this issue with my Hero 3. For that reason, I think you might run into issues if you try to mount it forward as you suggest. I took the Dremel to mine and just took a small amount off where the button hits. Really no big deal and only took a minute. You do not need to take much off. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Pete

Same problem here, camera wipes out on pan axis during forward flights when wind resistance increase...
Found a workaround yet?

gr8pics said:
mcopete said:
q8f1 said:

Cheers,
Pete

Same problem here, camera wipes out on pan axis during forward flights when wind resistance increase...
Found a workaround yet?

Well I guess its good to know its not just my gimbal. Misery loves company... For now I'm just going without the lens hood and will try a few other more aerodynamic designs to see if that helps. Might also try adding weight to the back to see if that helps, although I'm perfectly balanced at the moment.

Yea, but mine isnt tipping forward, it goes sideways, so adding it more weight would probably just add more mass and even less resistant, problem is that the chinese never heard of the word headroom, however, i think a fw upgrade would fix it, one which contains a new calibration, which isnt allowed according to them....

gr8pics said:
Yea, but mine isnt tipping forward, it goes sideways, so adding it more weight would probably just add more mass and even less resistant, problem is that the chinese never heard of the word headroom, however, i think a fw upgrade would fix it, one which contains a new calibration, which isnt allowed according to them....

Agree. I had an offline discussion going on with Rich from Apollo Airobotic, and he hit it spot on "Here's the thing about these gimbals--- it's about more than balance. It's about the PID control loop gains. Balancing the gimbal (like with a penny) makes it easier, but it also changes the system's rotational inertia. The control loop is expecting a certain moment and is highly tuned to stabilize that motion. Make the whole thing heavier and even though it's balanced, you have to re-tune those gains. Unfortunately, the zenmuse doesn't expose those settings to the user."

Here's hoping that DJI will come out with a firmware update, or allow for additional adjustment in the assistant app to fix the issue.

That comment stinks of xenophobic ignorance. DJI is a pretty big name in gimbal technology. Just look at the Ronin. Furthermore, you're putting a camera into a gimbal that it wasn't designed for.

Its nothing new, Chinese always copies success, big on those therms have nothing to do with quality, quite the opposite, half of the world lives in china, thats why the volume is so high.
Or maybe you care to list a couple of famous Chinese inventors living for the past 100 years?

However, when they copy stuff, they copy the design, but not the quality, and they have no clue about functionality, quality and performance.
What makes the difference between Chinese assembled gimbals vs gimbals assembled in the western part of the world, is that little extra thing called headroom, Dji gimbals are specked on the exact gram and doesnt have room for adjustments, or alternatives for other gear, take the larger Zenmuse fex, only ONE lens compatible for the 5D vers, come on, and it still cost a fortune, THATS, the stuff Chinese dont know anything about, it has always been, and it will always be, as long as there are local chinese running the show.
When they hire someone outside china however, thats when they start to succeed, not before...
All this is old news...

gr8pics said:
Its nothing new, Chinese always copies success, big on those therms have nothing to do with quality, quite the opposite, half of the world lives in china, thats why the volume is so high. Or maybe you care to list a couple of famous Chinese inventors living for the past 100 years?

However, when they copy stuff, they copy the design, but not the quality, and they have no clue about functionality, quality and performance.

... [ a whole bunch of factually inaccurate generalizations in a single, formless run on sentence ] ...

Yeah, all those Chinese are mindless shysters that make crap products. That's why you buy them, right? That's why I've seen 3 Ronins being used in significant productions in the past two months. Because they're cheap Chinese junk.

And I agree, DJI really should have used a time machine to figure out how much the new GoPro weighs 9 months before it comes out so they can be sure to design it into their gimbal.

BTW, my H4B works perfectly in my H3-3D. I modified it to work. This is something sensible people do when they mix two products that weren't designed to work together. Duh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues