GoPro 3+ Silver update 3.02

Reaction score
I recently updated my camera firmware and now I cannot get the camera to go to any functions. All that is shown is the USB symbol and charge status while attached to the H3-3D gimbal and also viewed through my FPV monitor. Any others know of a fix or a way to revert the firmware?

I recently updated my camera firmware and now I cannot get the camera to go to any functions. All that is shown is the USB symbol and charge status while attached to the H3-3D gimbal and also viewed through my FPV monitor. Any others know of a fix or a way to revert the firmware?

If your here in the states why not connect GoPro support.

When you have question like this if you posted your location in your personal details page so anyone can direct you to a dealer for parts or what ever. Doing so makes life easier for you and whom ever is trying to help.

Reactions: DeeJay Butler
If your here in the states why not connect GoPro support.

When you have question like this if you posted your location in your personal details page so anyone can direct you to a dealer for parts or what ever. Doing so makes life easier for you and whom ever is trying to help.
Thanks Jason...updated.
I did reach out to GoPro and their response was to contact DJI. DJI said to contact GoPro...

Thanks Jason...updated.
I did reach out to GoPro and their response was to contact DJI. DJI said to contact GoPro...

Sound like a run around to me. Does the camera work other wise off the gimbal?? If it does what equipment are you using on your FPV system but I'm mainly interested what's on the P2 including plug n play cable.

Sound like a run around to me. Does the camera work other wise off the gimbal?? If it does what equipment are you using on your FPV system but I'm mainly interested what's on the P2 including plug n play cable.
It does work off the gimbal. I am using the AVL58 utilizing the H3-3D USB connector.

It does work off the gimbal. I am using the AVL58 utilizing the H3-3D USB connector.

Did you hard wire (solder) or using the dji hub to connect and are you mini iOSD??

You'll need to open the shell to see if you shorted out L2 which is right in front of the cam socket. The following photos will help. Each post has a number in the bottom right hand corner #20 nad #24. They use L2 as a fuse in case the power lines are crossed which I believe you may have done.One of my mainboard diodes burned down :( , Help Pls | DJI Phantom Forum

Let me know what you fine.

I have same problem.
Update my gopro 3 + this week.
Today's flight, I had trouble with the GoPro and video.

But I find a way how to get started video.

1. Turn on GoPro
2. Start video recording.
3. Turn On phantom.

I hope that somebody finds a better solution.

Last edited:
I have same problem.
Update my gopro 3 + this week.
Today's flight, I had trouble with the GoPro and video.

But I find a way how to get started video.

1. Turn on GoPro
2. Start video recording.
3. Turn On phantom.

I hope that somebody finds a better solution.
This worked for me as well. Thanks for posting! Now for a real fix to this troubling issue.

This worked for me as well. Thanks for posting! Now for a real fix to this troubling issue.

What do you mean by "Now for a real fix to this troubling issue."

I mean that I would like to see what is needed to get the camera to function before the firmware upgrade. I do not want to see five+ minutes of my copter initializing on video!

Have you checked your PERSONAL MESSAGES?

Disable the charging by placing clear thin tape over the H3-3D USB flex cable and leave the AV contacts exposed.
Remove the USB attachment by unlocking the Tab. Use thin clear tape and leave the 2 lower contacts (maybe 2 upper pins - I forgot) on the flex cable exposed. The 2 contacts exposed on the flex cable will give FPV and the taped up contacts will stop the direct charging via the phantom. Make sure you have extra gopro batteries as dead battery = dead go pro = no FPV feed.

Also notice, that once the charging is disabled, you get clearer and less interference on your FPV feed.

Disable the charging by placing clear thin tape over the H3-3D USB flex cable and leave the AV contacts exposed.
Remove the USB attachment by unlocking the Tab. Use thin clear tape and leave the 2 lower contacts (maybe 2 upper pins - I forgot) on the flex cable exposed. The 2 contacts exposed on the flex cable will give FPV and the taped up contacts will stop the direct charging via the phantom. Make sure you have extra gopro batteries as dead battery = dead go pro = no FPV feed.

Also notice, that once the charging is disabled, you get clearer and less interference on your FPV feed.
What if I just remove the battery?

What if I just remove the battery?
No idea. I don't own any 4 series Gopro's.
I heard users doing on the Black 4's to help the counter balance on the H33D. It worked on some, but others reported the gopro4 recording for a short period before it turned itself off.

No idea. I don't own any 4 series Gopro's.
I heard users doing on the Black 4's to help the counter balance on the H33D. It worked on some, but others reported the gopro4 recording for a short period before it turned itself off.
I have a 3+ Silver not a 4. The 4 Silver worked without a battery when I tested it. I will try it tonight and post a comment on the outcome.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic