GoPro 3+ Silver update 3.02

Upgrade/Downgrade to previous firmware... 2.0(3.1).
This worked for me like a charm

Unless the OP had old GoPro software on his computers download file there's noway he can rollback to an earlier version.

Reactions: DeeJay Butler
Hi Pawel Pajaczek.

I have try to look after old sw but not find it.
Want you share how you downgrade to 2.0(3.1) ?

//Patrick
I find old sw. HERO3+ Silver Edition v2.0

[WIKI]http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SCANNER-Digital-CAMERA-WEBCAM/GoPro/GoPro-HERO3plus-Silver-Edition-Camera-Firmware-20.shtml[/WIKI]

Unzip and rename dir to "UPDATE" and move to SD card.
Start up Hero and wait for "update complete"

Now it works better..

Note.
I take no responsibility if you damage your camera with this update.

Reactions: Kubelwagen
GoPro support has been all over the place with this issue. I've never seen any response from them that has been helpful at all. The first response I read from them in another forum was that downgrading the firmware would damage the camera. I'm assuming this was BS because it sounds like several of you have downgraded and the live video on the USB port now works like it did before the update?

I just want to make sure before I "fix" my Silver 3+. My Black 3+ works fine so I will never, ever, ever, ever update it again.

Also, I sent an inquiry about this issue to GoPro support and their response was to ask a bunch of questions that had already been explained in my initial inquiry, or had nothing to do with the actual video issue whatsoever. Their reply to my response has been silence.

You would think that with so much backlash from killing the USB video feed in the latest update, they would have responded with another firmware update to restore the function. After all, it's those of us who buy and use their products who support their business. Seems someone in their company has chosen to ignore that fact.

I find old sw. HERO3+ Silver Edition v2.0

[WIKI]http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SCANNER-Digital-CAMERA-WEBCAM/GoPro/GoPro-HERO3plus-Silver-Edition-Camera-Firmware-20.shtml[/WIKI]

Unzip and rename dir to "UPDATE" and move to SD card.
Start up Hero and wait for "update complete"

Now it works better..

Note.
I take no responsibility if you damage your camera with this update.

Thank you for providing this information. I did the downgrade and it worked great.

Just to add or clarify a few things, clicking on the link you provided caused an error for me. I had to copy the link and paste it directly into my browser's URL to get to the SoftPedia site.

Also, for those who aren't overly computer savvy, after the file is downloaded it must be unzipped into another directory. This is where you change the directory name to UPDATE.

Lastly, I formatted the SD card before transferring the UPDATE file to the card just to make sure there was nothing else on it at all in hidden files or otherwise. After installing the card in the GoPro and powering it up, it took about a minute to complete the update and now says V02.00.

Very well done. You deserve a gold "Like" for sure.

Thank you for providing this information. I did the downgrade and it worked great.

Just to add or clarify a few things, clicking on the link you provided caused an error for me. I had to copy the link and paste it directly into my browser's URL to get to the SoftPedia site.

Also, for those who aren't overly computer savvy, after the file is downloaded it must be unzipped into another directory. This is where you change the directory name to UPDATE.

Lastly, I formatted the SD card before transferring the UPDATE file to the card just to make sure there was nothing else on it at all in hidden files or otherwise. After installing the card in the GoPro and powering it up, it took about a minute to complete the update and now says V02.00.

Very well done. You deserve a gold "Like" for sure.

Knowing that GoPro changed the pinout on the back of Hero 4's proprietary connector it doesn't surprise me that they did the same with USB connector to get back at DJI.

For those who downloaded the latest GoPro for their GP 3+ silver or black cameras and are no longer able to get video directly from the USB connector without using the workaround. Here is a link to older version of GP's firmware.
Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik