Glitchy image transmission - Ipad Mini 2

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im having a very glitchy feed with my ipad mini 2. It works better with my iPhone 6. I have all apps closed and background app refresh off as well as airplane mode enabled. I was looking for the hardware decode option but it appears it is no longer a setting in DJI GO. Does anyone have any tips? I know that many people can use an iPad mini 2 with no problems so im curious as to what is wrong for me. Thanks,

-Ben

Disable the "Cache During Video Shooting" setting too.

DJI-GO-Video-Cache.jpg

Has this always been an issue or did this start occurring after you changed something on your iPad Mini?

Has this always been an issue or did this start occurring after you changed something on your iPad Mini?
it worked great with my p3a but i just upgraded to the phantom 4. Could it be that the p4 sends more data and therefore the ipad mini 2 is just too slow for it?

Lots of people are using the iPad Mini 2 with the P4, so I don't think that's likely.

Can you explain what you mean by a very glitchy feed? Is it glitchy the entire time?

Lots of people are using the iPad Mini 2 with the P4, so I don't think that's likely.

Can you explain what you mean by a very glitchy feed? Is it glitchy the entire time?
Not when it is less than 10 feet away from me. After that its pretty bad; black and green across screen, lag, pixelation. SD video is perfect but live feed is awful. Any ideas?

I was having all sorts of glitchy video would even just lock up and had to fly home to get restarted. I went into HD and set Image Transmutation Signal to the best channel as indicated on the scan (stable quality Custom channel 20) and it worked a charm. Fixed all my issues but will have a full test this arvo when the wind dies down a little. Not sure if this setting sticks on reboot though.
Hope this is of some help.

I was having all sorts of glitchy video would even just lock up and had to fly home to get restarted. I went into HD and set Image Transmutation Signal to the best channel as indicated on the scan (stable quality Custom channel 20) and it worked a charm. Fixed all my issues but will have a full test this arvo when the wind dies down a little. Not sure if this setting sticks on reboot though.
Hope this is of some help.
I’m worried that if I do that some interference will happen and I’ll lose control. Yeah there is RTH but I don’t like to use that unless I need to. Do you think I’ll be fine? Thanks for the tip

You can see from the Image Transmition Signal whether the signal u are getting is good or bad without changing setting. But I went from auto to manual and found chanel 20 good and from then on it was a solid signal 1000m out. Just an idea to see the quality of your signal....what channel are you on now?

You can see from the Image Transmition Signal whether the signal u are getting is good or bad without changing setting. But I went from auto to manual and found chanel 20 good and from then on it was a solid signal 1000m out. Just an idea to see the quality of your signal....what channel are you on now?
It keeps jumping up and down though. I’ll try to find a channel with low interference and stay on that one to see if it helps. I’ll keep you updated.

The signal selected will be blue both auto and custom watch the others for a green one that seems to always be green. Red is not.. I think the length of the colour may also indicate a value but not sure.
Hope this helps but it may be something else.

P4P user with ipad mini 2 Cellular version.

When i was in Hong Kong prior the latest update, my signal was gunning it, strong feeds, good video transmission and rarely face green and black screen. One of the best and stable firmware I've used.

After my Hong Kong trip back to Melbourne Australia, found out that we got to update to the new firmware. Updated AC, RC and the new DJI Go app.

Nightmare begins! Now i rarely bring my P4P out to shoot my dragon boat team as the video gets green and black screen all the time and some odd compass error during mid flight.

I'm going to sit it out until DJI is ready to fix this issue.

OK are you suggesting the upgrade has affected or weakened the video transmission signal in some way.? I can't compare as I have only been quading since update. It does seem that there are a few not happy with "updates"
Have you adjusted the Video trans signal to try?

i used to fly at least 3-4 batteries per session before the update. Now i'll just fly for about a few minutes just to check if the AC safe to fly over the water, unfortunately every time i just ended up putting the P4P into by D1 backpack and call it a day.

Always to a compass calibration before flight and my video transmission signal is always the same. The latest "firmware" is not giving me a pleasurable flight experience.

Sounds to me that the update has altered your settings. Its easy to check your video signal and reset. Presume you did all the IMU and Compass two step dance! Could also try it again in Hong Kong to see if its environmental. What channel is your video on?
Just suggestions

Sounds to me that the update has altered your settings. Its easy to check your video signal and reset. Presume you did all the IMU and Compass two step dance! Could also try it again in Hong Kong to see if its environmental. What channel is your video on?
Just suggestions

Yup, Always IMU and the compass calibration dance before flying.

My next step is factory reset and reinstall the DJI Go4 App. Hopefully that will work.

Will keep you guys updated.

Just a suggestion before u do all that would be to check the image transmission signal. I will be adding this to pre flight check when I move locations as I suspect its quite variable. We have an NBN tower 2ks away and like a triffid on the hill could be pumping out Micro wave or whatever its called affecting us....but just a guess.

Just a suggestion before u do all that would be to check the image transmission signal. I will be adding this to pre flight check when I move locations as I suspect its quite variable. We have an NBN tower 2ks away and like a triffid on the hill could be pumping out Micro wave or whatever its called affecting us....but just a guess.

I do noticed that there are two tower cranes behind the place we do dragon boat training in Docklands. That's the only thing i suspect is interfering the compass and weak signal transmission. =(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers