Gimbal Error

Reaction score
I just received my Osmo Mobile 3 yesterday. I did a hyperlasp video and a couple of timelasp videos. I use a Galaxy S8+ without any covers (I don't want to make the phone any heavier than it already is). Anyway, I turned on the Osmo later in the day to try some more things and I get this msg "Gimbal Error" motor protected, please resume. RESTORE. Well, now this Osmo is not working at all. I'm about to call DJI support and ship it off, I presume. I'd rather not do that, but only if I have to. Do any of you know how to fix this without me having to ship it off? Reset perhaps or something similar.

I'm just guessing Cavepig7. You didn't take it in a cave, did you? High humidity kills electronic devices in a cave. Possibly you got some dirt in the motors. Vacuum the gimbal and then blow it with some can air. A hair dryer or something to dehumidify it may help. Good luck.

I'm just guessing Cavepig7. You didn't take it in a cave, did you? High humidity kills electronic devices in a cave. Possibly you got some dirt in the motors. Vacuum the gimbal and then blow it with some can air. A hair dryer or something to dehumidify it may help. Good luck.
It was only hours old. I used it indoors. I live in the desert, what is humidity? :)

Reactions: WV. Rootman
It was only hours old. I used it indoors. I live in the desert, what is humidity? :)
Sorry, kind of funny. I can only go on the information that's given. I never went caving in the desert. Surely a cave in the desert is damp.
Best thing to do is contact DJI or who you bought it from.

Sorry, kind of funny. I can only go on the information that's given. I never went caving in the desert. Surely a cave in the desert is damp.
Best thing to do is contact DJI or who you bought it from.
Oh, no worries my friend. I discovered on YouTube that my error msg is kinda common. They all ended up shipping their Osmo. I did contact the store that I purchased it from and they immediately passed the buck to DJI. No surprise there. Called DJI and waited only approx. 30 minutes to talk to a tech. They basically in a flash said: "Ship it!" Lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.