Found Crashed Drone Livonia, MI

Reaction score
One of my employees found a crashed drone in Livonia, MI. No owner name on it, and can't find anywhere to look up a serial number. Was a week or so ago. Have this listed on craigslist as well to find the owner. Thanks!

make and model? This description is too vague to actually find the owner. If the person can give you a serial number I don't think you need them to also provide the description. Also if the drone isn't completely toast you could tell who it belongs to based on if they bring a controller that is paired to it. If it is registered with the FAA you could also have them show you their registration email which would match the reg number on the drone.

Honestly.... I say if you're dumb enough to fly without FAA registering, or at minimum writing your phone number on it.... you deserve to NOT get it back. It's $5.00 and takes 5 minutes to register. I can't believe how many skimp out on this.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Honestly.... I say if you're dumb enough to fly without FAA registering, or at minimum writing your phone number on it.... you deserve to NOT get it back. It's $5.00 and takes 5 minutes to register. I can't believe how many skimp out on this.

Is there a place where you can go and check to see if it's been registered?

Is there a place where you can go and check to see if it's been registered?

It's supposed to be displayed right on the craft OR inside the battery bay. If it's not, it's not registered. A $5 investment would have gotten this guy his drone back in this case.

It's supposed to be displayed right on the craft OR inside the battery bay. If it's not, it's not registered. A $5 investment would have gotten this guy his drone back in this case.

What does the registration look like?

Just a sticker from a label maker, or written on it with a Sharpie.

3.jpg

Drone_registration.png

Looks like it's not registered with FAA. There's a 14 serial Digit number starting with a P. Checked that. Small, maybe a half inch long, two rows with a QR symbol next to it

Perhaps DJI can cross reference the S/N and see to whom it was registered?

Definitely not one of those. just the model serial number

Even if it were registered with the FAA that information is not available to the general public. If you have the serial number contact DJI to see if it was registered with them and maybe they can help locate the owner.

FYI, I listed on Craigslist that i found a drone in a specific area of town and if they lost one to call me and describe it and I'd make sure they get it back. Want to do as much as possible to get it back to them before someone just ends up taking it home. will hold on to it for a week or two I guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic