Found Crashed Drone Livonia, MI

Even if it were registered with the FAA that information is not available to the general public. If you have the serial number contact DJI to see if it was registered with them and maybe they can help locate the owner.

Ok, thanks

FYI, I listed on Craigslist that i found a drone in a specific area of town and if they lost one to call me and describe it and I'd make sure they get it back. Want to do as much as possible to get it back to them before someone just ends up taking it home. will hold on to it for a week or two I guess.
If no one at your place really want's to get into this hobby ($$$) you could just sell it for a couple hundred and buy them all pizza or something.

FYI, I listed on Craigslist that i found a drone in a specific area of town and if they lost one to call me and describe it and I'd make sure they get it back. Want to do as much as possible to get it back to them before someone just ends up taking it home. will hold on to it for a week or two I guess.

I see it. I'm from Saint Clair Shores and work in Downtown Detroit, BTW

Honestly.... I say if you're dumb enough to fly without FAA registering, or at minimum writing your phone number on it.... you deserve to NOT get it back. It's $5.00 and takes 5 minutes to register. I can't believe how many skimp out on this.
What he said.

Have you tried viewing the video off the microSD card found on the top of the camera? Maybe you can find some clues on it

Hooray! You found my drone! Boy I thought I'd never get it back. Is it white? Yup, just like mine! Minnesota, eh? Boy, must have been caught in a strong Easterly wind, I guess. Yah they call that a flyaway, nasty habit of these things. Yah, you wouldn't want to get involved with a hobby like that, right? Yah, so if you'd please send it back to me, in Nevada . . .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Is there a microSD card in it? Perhaps you can look at the video and see the origin of takeoff. Trace it back to the owner.

Update: Guess I should have read the entire thread. See that suggestion was already posted.

OP - nobody gave you credit yet and I am surprised. You deserve it. I know that as a drone/quadcopter pilot; and everyone on this forum would agree, if you lost your aircraft you would only hope that if someone finds it that this person is as honest and honorable as you are.
On behalf of the original owner; I am sure he is very appreciative of your effort to return it to him/her. This is very respectable that you would go out of you way to post found adds on Craigslist, on here and possibly other mediums.
The world needs more people like you.

I think there is a protocol to lost and found.
When I was a kid; my friend and I found two $100 bills on the sidewalk in our hometown while riding our bikes. Called the police to report it. They said if nobody claimed it in 30 days it was mine. After 30 days no call so my friend and I were each $100 richer.
Maybe report the found quad to the local police.
If nothing in a month; you did the right this and your the owner of a nice P3 4K!

Reactions: Neon Euc and skyegg
OP - nobody gave you credit yet and I am surprised. You deserve it. I know that as a drone/quadcopter pilot; and everyone on this forum would agree, if you lost your aircraft you would only hope that if someone finds it that this person is as honest and honorable as you are.
On behalf of the original owner; I am sure he is very appreciative of your effort to return it to him/her. This is very respectable that you would go out of you way to post found adds on Craigslist, on here and possibly other mediums.
The world needs more people like you.

I think there is a protocol to lost and found.
When I was a kid; my friend and I found two $100 bills on the sidewalk in our hometown while riding our bikes. Called the police to report it. They said if nobody claimed it in 30 days it was mine. After 30 days no call so my friend and I were each $100 richer.
Maybe report the found quad to the local police.
If nothing in a month; you did the right this and your the owner of a nice P3 4K!

Yah, what he said. Well done, sir.

I'm originally from Livonia and my sister still lives there still and said there was someone missing a drone that she knows. I'm having her contact him and get back to me I'll let you know what I hear. We are on the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20