Found drone

Phantom drone disappeared over house, ran to front of house it was gone. Looked for days made fliers knocked on doors, nothing.... Put on fliers it was a potential fires hazard still nothing. Still don't get what happened to it, wasn't very high, only 2 small trees in direction it was heading. Got another drone still fly around looking for it.... Couldn't have taken more than 15 seconds to go from backyard to front yard, figured I would at least hear something it was dead quiet. Tried the controls heard nothing. Disappeared like flight MH370....

Phantom drone disappeared over house, ran to front of house it was gone. Looked for days made fliers knocked on doors, nothing.... Put on fliers it was a potential fires hazard still nothing. Still don't get what happened to it, wasn't very high, only 2 small trees in direction it was heading. Got another drone still fly around looking for it.... Couldn't have taken more than 15 seconds to go from backyard to front yard, figured I would at least hear something it was dead quiet. Tried the controls heard nothing. Disappeared like flight MH370....
Perhaps the recorded flight data will help solve the mystery.

There are a couple of options ...

1. Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
or
2. Just post the .txt file here
or
3. If you use Airdata, you can view the flight data on Airdata and post a link for the Airdata report

You up load your data, it help you A-LOT! 👌

Rod ..

Fishing anyone?
I guess we can take control of this tread for now.

What sucks the member that says deleted, kind of flipped out?
All of his posts that I saw, and what he did to help others.
Actually sending parts free to I guy from his country, he asked for payment to ship it and the guy got the part and it fixed it.

He thought he had made really negative PM's to some one.
Sent a PM to Administrator. "Delete my account"

Anyways
I still have a email contact with him.
I wish he would come back, he has a lot of Knowledge!
Sorry to all about my personal crap. :rolleyes:
I hope he reads it. :)👌

Rod ..

Perhaps the recorded flight data will help solve the mystery.

There are a couple of options ...

1. Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
or
2. Just post the .txt file here
or
3. If you use Airdata, you can view the flight data on Airdata and post a link for the Airdata report

That would of course been the logical thing to do however... The drone wasnt connected to any of DJI apps. It was flying unassisted just like any of the many other RC aircraft I have. My planes and helis don't have GPS positioning, in my 40yrs of flying never had one just disappear like that without a trace. It's takes 10 seconds to WALK from the backyard to the front, and I sprinted. When it went out of site over the roof, as one would expect GO up gain some altitude, regain visual sight of it. Instead I just watched it slowly yawning to the left then disappear.

Anyone know how these drones react when in flight and strike an object, such as a tree? Do the motors instantly shut off, or do they continue to spin destroying the props until manually shut down. Might shed some light on what happened and where

The drone wasnt connected to any of DJI apps. It was flying unassisted just like any of the many other RC aircraft I have.
You said it was a Phantom so how were you flying it??
Anyone know how these drones react when in flight and strike an object, such as a tree? Do the motors instantly shut off, or do they continue to spin destroying the props until manually shut down.
It depends on how it crashes ... there's no simple answer as all crashes are different.

Hum.. It appears your flying a P3S?

You stated "The drone wasnt connected to any of DJI apps. It was flying unassisted just like any of the many other RC aircraft I have."
Meta4 asked "You said it was a Phantom so how were you flying it??"

These four post so far are very confusing to me, and a know a lot about P3S signal problems. :) 👌

Rod ..

I am confused. Can you tell us more about when you flew the bird " unassisted ". If your bird was not connected to a dji app what was it connected to or what was the bird running on(software) All of my Phantoms have gps( 2+ ,3S .P4 ) Phantom with an antenna on top sounds like someone took a phantom body and put in fpv guts inside.

Reactions: RodPad
Sorry about that I see the Phantom with ant on top was a different thread.
Yes very confusing, but he still posted that on Sep 24th. 👌

Rod ..

Just so I know we are on the same planet. Sky is blue(most of the time) and the dirt is mostly brown, red or black. Rain falls down?

Reactions: RodPad
I wish he would post. I love puzzles.
Your in the same puzzle same as I :rolleyes: 👌

I already got my thoughts, we will see what happens. :)

Rod ..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl