Follow Me not following at all!

One other twist to this...
Altitude. Starting with the iPhone 6/6+ and with the Air2, an internal barometer is included as part of the hardware. SOME Android devices have a barometer. This can be important with advanced follow modes like Litchi Magic Leash and Autopilot Airspace. If the app supports it, the barometer provides altitude information for the followed device. If that device runs up a hill, the drone will climb accordingly. With no altitude information from the followed device, the drone could potentially fly right into the hill in the same scenario.

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and Follow Me works. It might not be quite as accurate as the aircraft since it only uses GPS, not GLONASS, but in practice I don't see any difference. (It doesn't have a barometer, but my Nexus 5 phone does.)

Reactions: Mcj321
Any updates on this? I will be receiving my P3P tomorrow and I planned on using my Nexus 7 2013 model (version 2) for this as well.

I have used the "2013" Nexus 7 tablet for boat navigation for a couple of years now via the Navionics app. Gone through channels and straights at night where the "deep" part of the channel is 20 - 30 feet wide and the Nexus 7 GPS has always been very accurate. If it was off more than 5 or 10 feet, I would have run aground or at least hung up on a sand bar due to shallow waters. -=Mike G.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers