DJI’s Response to the Follow-Me Intelligent Flight Mode Not Working on the P4P+

Reaction score
For those of you who own a P4P+ have been having problems with the Follow Me mode, you’ll be happy to hear that DJI finally admitted that this is a problem with their firmware and/or software.

Just to give you a bit of background, I reported this issue in this forum and filed a case with DJI Support. During my discussion with DJI I sent them every possible price of information regarding the problem, the version of firmware of all the devices, serial numbers, purchase date, and a video of the problem.

After about a week or longer of exchanging emails with DJI Support, they still hadn’t figured out what could be causing the issue. I finally managed to get them to have my P4P+ shipped back. I sent my P4P+ last Friday and as of today (11 Jul 2018) it is still on route to their facility. To my surprise today (11 Jul 2018) I received an email regarding my case admitting the the problem is with their firmware and app. The problem now is that not only they wasted my time collecting all the information and exchanging 20-30 emails back and forth, now they had me send back my P4P+ for no reason at all and who knows when I will get it back.

Here is what they told me today:

—————————————————————
DJI North America Support (Support)
Aug 11, 22:36 CEST

Hello Saverio,

Greetings.

This is Cary from DJI Technical Support.

First off, we would like to thank you for your time and patience that you've been extending up to this moment. We just got an update from our Team and we can confirm that Follow-Me is currently having issues using our Phantom 4 Pro +. Please know that our Team is now checking to optimize and fix this issue for our customers.

Updates and announcements will be pushed and posted on our App or Websites.

Thank you so much for your support and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Regards,

DJI North America

————————————————————————

For those of you who own a P4P+ have been having problems with the Follow Me mode, you’ll be happy to hear that DJI finally admitted that this is a problem with their firmware and/or software.

Just to give you a bit of background, I reported this issue in this forum and filed a case with DJI Support. During my discussion with DJI I sent them every possible price of information regarding the problem, the version of firmware of all the devices, serial numbers, purchase date, and a video of the problem.

After about a week or longer of exchanging emails with DJI Support, they still hadn’t figured out what could be causing the issue. I finally managed to get them to have my P4P+ shipped back. I sent my P4P+ last Friday and as of today (11 Jul 2018) it is still on route to their facility. To my surprise today (11 Jul 2018) I received an email regarding my case admitting the the problem is with their firmware and app. The problem now is that not only they wasted my time collecting all the information and exchanging 20-30 emails back and forth,

now they had me send back my P4P+ for no reason at all and who knows when I will get it back.

Here is what they told me today:

—————————————————————
DJI North America Support (Support)
Aug 11, 22:36 CEST

Hello Saverio,

Greetings.

This is Cary from DJI Technical Support.

First off, we would like to thank you for your time and patience that you've been extending up to this moment. We just got an update from our Team and we can confirm that Follow-Me is currently having issues using our Phantom 4 Pro +. Please know that our Team is now checking to optimize and fix this issue for our customers.

Updates and announcements will be pushed and posted on our App or Websites.

Thank you so much for your support and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Regards,

DJI North America

————————————————————————

Im sure that will make a lot of people happy, pity it took DJI so long, mind you from all accounts that seems to be the norm with them

I suspect that this is just a blow off and they won't be doing anything with the mode. Either that or it will have _super_ low priority.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl