P4P+ Obsidian - Follow Me Intelligent Mode Not Working :-(

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a practically brand new P4P+ Obsidian (with built in screen) that I’ve only flown twice.

From all the intelligent modes that I tested everything seems to work fine except the “Follow Me” mode. When I put it into Follow Me mode, everything looks good, I’m well above the 10m minimum required height, the signal strength is excellent, I’m in P-mode, I select apply and all is good, however as I start walking the P4P+ just sits there hovers.

In one of the tests, I received a signal error. I’ve attached a screenshot of the actual error message and a few others showing that the GPS on the remote is enabled and working (reference the changes of the location of the blue icon as I’m moving while the P4P+ hovers and does nothing.

All the tests done was in an open field and with the craft locked into up to 13 Satellites.

With respect to firmware and app, everything is up to date and everything was calibrated with any issues.

I’m hoping and would appreciate it if anyone has a solution That they can share!

Many thanks.

IMG_2119.jpg
IMG_2119.jpg
IMG_1532867804.373058.jpg
IMG_2130.jpg
IMG_2131.jpg

In one of the tests, I received a signal error. I’ve attached a screenshot of the actual error message and a few others showing that the GPS on the remote is enabled and working (reference the changes of the location of the blue icon as I’m moving while the P4P+ hovers and does nothing.
Your first two images show a message saying that the mobile device GPS signal is strong.
But the third image shows the weak GPS signal message.
In DJI-speak, weak GPS signal means no GPS signal.
I'd look harder at checking to confirm whether the tablet's GPS is really enabled.

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for your response and your help.

I tried to find where to set this on the built in screen under the settings, but I could not find anything. Having said that, if it wasn’t enabled you would not see me on the map (blue dot indicating my location).

Also, the attached image of the screen has the location base icon which, I would think it further confirms that GPS is enabled.

Thanks.

IMG_2136.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues