Follow me ph3S will not work

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a PH3S flying nicely. I have tried to use follow me. Goes into f mode fine. When I select follow me all looks good. Shows strong gps and position of drone in regard to home.
The display for follow me comes up but only with drone position and strong gps signal and altitude well above required height. All showing blue. Yet there is no apply shown. Drone sits at position and does not follow. Have similar problem in waypoint mode. Cannot select waypoints on screen
Have a message that says. Use dual vlight mode. Dual flight modd is selected.
Same on poi.

Anybody else seen this problem?

Using samsung tab A 6. Everything else works fine.
Any hel Pl would be appreciated.

OK Great news from Australia...
This problem was the user as I suspected. With some reservations..

Here is the story and I hope it helps other new pilots..
When you apply the F mode to use follow me or any other item in this area, the right hand side screen comes up for follow me. It shows position of the drone compared to controller. Position and altitude shown in blue as long as you have over 10 metres altitude and good GPS signal.

At the very BOTTOM of the screen on the RH side (outside the follow me square) the message comes up in very small blue letters "apply" You must press this to get it to activate. It then records your position. Then another word comes up again, at the bottom of the screen and in very small letters, This says Start. You press this and away you go.... It was so good to see it following me as I walked along and I mean walkied.
It worked beautifully for me. I know it sounds like well maybe you should look at the screen properly..
Well yes...BUT! when you are in daylight, you cannot see the very small words in blue and they are outside the follow me dedicated screen area... I am going to make a recommendation to DJI to make these either bigger or larger radio buttons so they are more evident in a light flooded screen. A simple thing but it would have made it much easier to follow.

How did I find my problem?
The simulator on the DJI go app is very, very good. I was able to bring up the situation I had inside the house and it quickly became very evident.. Use this , it is invaluable for that tricky problem that you know deep down is the operator...

While I am here . All the functions in the F option worked and worked very well. I had it circling an object, running beside me and following a designated course at what ever altitude I desired.. Very clever...Just a tip.. Make sure you have enough altitude to clear any objects that maybe in it's path.
It would be so easy to select an altitude that was desirable but became a brick wall to your drone...
Samsung Tab A 10.1 " is so good as a display and control device. Very reactive and the video is good.Highly recommend it as a economical display device. I paid A$345.00 Would be much cheaper in the USA and Canada. Maybe even Europe.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a PH3S flying nicely. I have tried to use follow me. Goes into f mode fine. When I select follow me all looks good. Shows strong gps and position of drone in regard to home.
The display for follow me comes up but only with drone position and strong gps signal and altitude well above required height. All showing blue. Yet there is no apply shown. Drone sits at position and does not follow. Have similar problem in waypoint mode. Cannot select waypoints on screen
Same on poi.

Does it prompt you to accept disclaimer when you go for mode..just having a read up

Hi,
Same on poi.

1491722620002135482760.jpg
did find this in another post,not sure just a idea..

Does your phone/phablet/tablet device have GPS? If not it "Follow Me" will not work, as the P3 uses that signal to lock onto. If it does, make sure GPS is switched on...

No it does not. Everything looks normal except for the facg that there does not seem to be the options on the screen that 's hould be there. No error messages just no commanc acceptance.

No it does not. Everything looks normal except for the facg that there does not seem to be the options on the screen that 's hould be there. No error messages just no commanc acceptance.
If your device doesn't have GPS, follow me will not, indeed cannot, work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj