Reaction score
Hi pilots,

I'm excited to announce another online "DJI GO"-flightlog service I created in my spare time. With this tool, you are able to convert your flights into a kmz-file and open them in "Google Earth". Inside of "Google Earth" you will see all interesting data of your flight. You can start converting here: flightlogs.de - the tool is available in German and English. The best part about this converter: It's completely free and this won't change!

Features
With the animation tool of "Google Earth" you will get a time-slider. With this slider you can playback your exact flight route. Furthermore, you will get information about your flight route (such as battery charge, maximum height and speeds flown). Detailed information about taken photos, videos, missions and occurred messages are also available. Videos and missions are visualized as a separate line - you are able to set the color of these lines individually. If you want to learn more about the converted data, go to flightlogs.de/features and get a full feature list with examples.

If you have any questions or improvement suggestions, please feel free to contact me or reach help in the FAQ section (flightlogs.de/faq). You can get in touch with me here or via the contact form.

As mentioned earlier, this tool is completely free and there is no limitation of conversion count. Word-of-mouth recommendation is highly appreciated!

Have fun analyzing your flights!
phlo, Flight Log Converter (flightlogs.de)

Last edited:
Hi Helgo,

no, for the time being my converter only converts log files from "DJI GO". As I don't use Litchi I couldn't add Litchi-support to my converter yet. But if you want to support the further development of the converter feel free to mail as many Litchi logs as possible (preferably with a screenshot of that log opened in the Litchi app to simplify verification of the data) to [email protected] - I will look into the structure of the csv's and estimate the effort to add Litchi support. But no ETA for that as I'm developing this converter in my spare time.

Best wishes
phlo

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I manage without any trouble to open the Litchi flight-log csv file in Google Earth Pro. Seems to work well enough. If I press on a gps point all the flight data shows up. Google Earth is a great tool.

This is an awesome service! Thanks for your hard work!

One thing that is a bit of a drag is having to enter the "captcha" each time. Perhaps if there were a way to login it would alleviate the need for it.

Reactions: phlo
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce, that the account-support is now live - for free of course! You can choose between a username/password combination or Google Sign-On. For now, a registration lets you convert logs without solving a captcha every time. More features are planned: Such as multi-file upload or instant upload to Google Drive of the converted log - if you have further ideas, feel free to contact me.

phlo

Reactions: hotashes
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce, that the account-support is now live - for free of course! You can choose between a username/password combination or Google Sign-On. For now, a registration lets you convert logs without solving a captcha every time. More features are planned: Such as multi-file upload or instant upload to Google Drive of the converted log - if you have further ideas, feel free to contact me.

phlo

This is a great feature - no more Captcha!

Thanks for the great work. I run all of my logs through your tool.

Hi folks,

the automatic Google Drive Upload for converted flights is now live! If you are logged in with a Google-connected account on flightlogs.de you will find a new options button next to your account name. Click this button to setup the automatic upload. If you are using a username/password-account and want to use the Google Drive Upload feature, feel free to create a new account and choose "Sign Up with Google".

The converted logs will be stored in the folder "flightlogs.de" in your Google Drive. If you delete this folder, a new one will be created for the next converted log.

I hope you like this new feature. If you encounter any bugs, please get in touch with me.

Greetings
phlo

I just tried it and conversion freezes at 5%. Both in newest Firefox and IE, Windows 10 64bit.
I tested with two different DJI .txt log files.

Hi MaxHam,

sorry to hear you can't convert your log files! Would you be so kind to send me an email to [email protected] with the log files attached? Please mention in the mail that you're MaxHam.

I will be looking into the error and get back in touch with you as soon as possible.

Greetings
phlo

Reactions: MaxHam
Thanks for fixing my problem after short e-mail dialog - it works perfectly now.
Nice tool for quick conversion with direct option to view in Google Earth.
I LIKE!

Hi Nesher,

it seems you are talking about the files from the internal storage of your Phantom, aren't you? You can't convert the DAT-files with my converter.
But if you fly with DJI GO your mobile device saves TXT-files with your flight data - those files can be converted. For more information about the file location on your mobile device visit the FAQ-section: Flight Log Converter

If you have further questions feel free to contact me again. :)
phlo

Because your service is free, could you please release the source code, so that people (if they wish) can perform the TXT->KMZ conversion themselves, on their own computer? It shouldn't be necessary to use a web service for this.

The service is free, yes. But not open source. I've put a lot of work into developing this service, especially since the DJ GO 2.8.5 update when pretty much everything in the structure of the log files changed, so no, sorry. I won't release the source. Furthermore you would have to setup a whole infrastructure to run the service. You can't execute my service just by doubleclicking a binary.

I decided to run this service as a web-service, because this is the only way to ensure that every user has immediate access to the latest updates and bugfixes of the service.

Reactions: MaxHam
Hi pilots,

I'm excited to announce another online "DJI GO"-flightlog service I created in my spare time. With this tool, you are able to convert your flights into a kmz-file and open them in "Google Earth". Inside of "Google Earth" you will see all interesting data of your flight. You can start converting here: flightlogs.de - the tool is available in German and English. The best part about this converter: It's completely free and this won't change!

Features
With the animation tool of "Google Earth" you will get a time-slider. With this slider you can playback your exact flight route. Furthermore, you will get information about your flight route (such as battery charge, maximum height and speeds flown). Detailed information about taken photos, videos, missions and occurred messages are also available. Videos and missions are visualized as a separate line - you are able to set the color of these lines individually. If you want to learn more about the converted data, go to flightlogs.de/features and get a full feature list with examples.

If you have any questions or improvement suggestions, please feel free to contact me or reach help in the FAQ section (flightlogs.de/faq). You can get in touch with me here or via the contact form.

As mentioned earlier, this tool is completely free and there is no limitation of conversion count. Word-of-mouth recommendation is highly appreciated!

Have fun analyzing your flights!
phlo, Flight Log Converter (flightlogs.de)

Is this still alive? Looks very useful, but site can’t be reached.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic