Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. There was a problem with the server, the site should be online again. And yes, the converter is still actively developed.

Have fun, converting and analyzing your flights. If you have questions or suggestions feel free to contact me. :)

phlo

@phlo, I've tested flightlogs.de and have some questions and suggestions.

Is there any way we could see the gimbal pitch and other values updated while scrubbing the timeline?

Can you include a google tour animation that shows the viewpoint of drone with KML <gx:FlyTo> and <gx:flyToMode> set to smooth at each data point? That way we could get a simulated view of what the drone sees in flight.

Possible to add support for Litchi .csv flightlog as well?

Thanks!

Hi tajino!
Is there any way we could see the gimbal pitch and other values updated while scrubbing the timeline?
You can display an elevation profile in Google Earth (right-click on "Flight Route" -> "Show Elevation Profile"). Unfortunately there is no way to add custom fields (such as gimbal).
Edit: Forget what I said. There is a way to add custom fields. I will be looking into this possibility and try to add more data to the elevation profile.

Can you include a google tour animation that shows the viewpoint of drone with KML <gx:FlyTo> and <gx:flyToMode> set to smooth at each data point? That way we could get a simulated view of what the drone sees in flight.
Awesome idea! I've just uploaded a new version of the converter. From now on, every converted flight will have a new "Flight Simulation" entry. Double-click it and fly. ;)

Possible to add support for Litchi .csv flightlog as well?
As I don't use Litchi there are no plans of adding Litchi-support, sorry.

Thanks for your suggestions!
phlo

Last edited:
You can display an elevation profile in Google Earth (right-click on "Flight Route" -> "Show Elevation Profile"). Unfortunately there is no way to add custom fields (such as gimbal).
Edit: Forget what I said. There is a way to add custom fields. I will be looking into this possibility and try to add more data to the elevation profile.

Good to know that, looking forward to the other custom fields, currently there are only elevation and speed.

Awesome idea! I've just uploaded a new version of the converter. From now on, every converted flight will have a new "Flight Simulation" entry. Double-click it and fly. ;)

Excellent!! Thanks! I've just tested it, have a look :

Other than the slight fov difference, some pitch, roll and yaw offset, the reconstructed simulation closely matches the actual flight, pretty amazing!

To better match the fov, can add a line <gx:horizFov>68.66</gx:horizFov> for the first <gx:FlyTo> block, that's the horizontal fov of Mavic Pro camera in 16:9 3840x2160 frame. I think <gx:horizFov> only needs to be set once, GE will reuse the last set value after that, need to test it out to be certain though.

For the pitch, roll, yaw offsets, are you using the aircraft's pitch, roll, yaw data? Maybe can look into the gimbal pitchRaw, rollRaw and yawRaw data, but I'm not very certain with that.

This opens up lots of possibilities, like for example one could now fly FPV, review the converted log in Google Earth tour, mark down interesting shot angles with placemarks and build a smooth autonomous flight path from the placemarks into a Litchi waypoints mission. Then review the Litchi mission with VLM (Virtual Litchi Mission) back in Google Earth tour before the actual flight.

Thanks again for adding this feature!

Last edited:
Hi phlo, I've noticed a bug in the flight simulation, gimbal pitch values of 0 to +30 degrees isn't represented correctly, it seems to get capped at 0 degrees.

Noticed this while looking at a flight log of a pano sequence that has +15 degrees gimbal tilt.

Good to know that, looking forward to the other custom fields, currently there are only elevation and speed.
Unfortunately Google Earth gets really laggy, because it's too much data. I will evaluate other options to add the custom fields.

Excellent!! Thanks! I've just tested it, have a look :
Wow nice! That looks pretty cool. :D
May I ask to download this video and add it to the feature list? I would link your original video on youtube as well.

To better match the fov, can add a line <gx:horizFov>68.66</gx:horizFov> for the first <gx:FlyTo> block, that's the horizontal fov of Mavic Pro camera in 16:9 3840x2160 frame. I think <gx:horizFov> only needs to be set once, GE will reuse the last set value after that, need to test it out to be certain though.
Great idea. But I'd need to set different FOV values for different drones. I'll be looking into this.

For the pitch, roll, yaw offsets, are you using the aircraft's pitch, roll, yaw data? Maybe can look into the gimbal pitchRaw, rollRaw and yawRaw data, but I'm not very certain with that.
It's the yaw from the drone and the pitch from the gimbal. Other values aren't saved in the flight log afaik.

Hi phlo, I've noticed a bug in the flight simulation, gimbal pitch values of 0 to +30 degrees isn't represented correctly, it seems to get capped at 0 degrees.

Noticed this while looking at a flight log of a pano sequence that has +15 degrees gimbal tilt.
Oh, that's right, thanks. I've just uploaded a fix for that.

Unfortunately Google Earth gets really laggy, because it's too much data. I will evaluate other options to add the custom fields.
Pretty much expected due to the massive amount of data in the log, and Google Earth Pro 7.3.1 is pretty laggy compared to the previous 6.x

Wow nice! That looks pretty cool. :D
May I ask to download this video and add it to the feature list? I would link your original video on youtube as well.
Sure, please go ahead.

Great idea. But I'd need to set different FOV values for different drones. I'll be looking into this.
This should be a good start : https://flylitchi.com/assets/DJI Cameras - Field of View.kml

It's the yaw from the drone and the pitch from the gimbal. Other values aren't saved in the flight log afaik.

I think there should be more gimbal data in the DJI .txt log, GIMBAL.pitch GIMBAL.roll GIMBAL.yaw, see here DJI Log Converter

Aircraft roll and yaw + compensation from Gimbal roll and yaw should get you pretty close to the actual camera angle I think.

Oh, that's right, thanks. I've just uploaded a fix for that.
You are fast :D, I'll test it out later.

Sure, please go ahead.

This should be a good start : https://flylitchi.com/assets/DJI Cameras - Field of View.kml
Thanks!

I think there should be more gimbal data in the DJI .txt log, GIMBAL.pitch GIMBAL.roll GIMBAL.yaw, see here DJI Log Converter

Aircraft roll and yaw + compensation from Gimbal roll and yaw should get you pretty close to the actual camera angle I think.
Oh ok, I will try to implement it if I have some free time. But this will take some time as it requires a little bit of work in the backend too to convert new values and I'll have to find the exact position of the values in the log files first.

I'm excited to announce a new version of the converter. There was a major issue with the altitude of the flight route in Google Earth when flying at a slope, e.g. if you ascend to 10m and fly horizontally above a slope, the flight route should be also horizontal and not clamped to the ground in 10m height. This is now fixed, because the altitude is calculated relative to the altitude of the first flight point instead of relative to ground.

Have fun analyzing your flights!
phlo

Hello, I read this is for the DJI Go app, can I also upload logs from DJI Go 4 (so logs from a Phantom 4)?

Hi stickybit, yes you can. DJI GO 4 logs are supported.

phlo
Great! I'll sign up then and upload my logs. Thanks for building this service!

Reactions: phlo
Hi!

I've just uploaded a new version of the converter (v2.5). It features a fix for battery data. Furthermore the battery charge data is now available in Google Earth's elevation profile (rightclick "Flight Route" -> "Show Elevation Profile") as a custom field to better analyze the battery drain during a flight.

phlo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik