First flight with Itelite DBS mod

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of these videos on here but this one is mine! Now to be honest I was getting 3000 feet before the mod. But with my first flight with the mod I went >10,000 feet and still had signal but not enough balls....here you go!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice, I also got to over 10'000 feet but with the Argtek , but that was pretty much the max I could go. Was it easy reaching that far with the DBS? Because with the Argtek is was kinda hard, I really had to keep pointing straight at the drone , signal would drop so had to reposition to get signal up a bit (not seeing the drone at all) . But still happy I got that far :). Congrats on your distance . 20160920_153958 (1).png

Congrats to you as well. It wasn't too hard to get it out that far. I had to reposition the remote control maybe once but I had a good signal even at 10,600 feet. I had about a 65% on the controller but that was as far as I could make myself go.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

How much battery did you have left, and where you in S mode? That was a good flight, and a beautiful area. You may put your pants on like the rest of us, but have got to have more trouble with balls that big. LOL

When I got back to Home I had about 50% left. I had it in GPS. It was nerve inducing. I don't know how those guys go farther than that LoL.

Last edited:
Congrats to you as well. It wasn't too hard to get it out that far. I had to reposition the remote control maybe once but I had a good signal even at 10,600 feet. I had about a 65% on the controller but that was as far as I could make myself go.

What was 65% ?

Did you have your senors turned off? I am asking a lot of ???. I have the amped version. I haven't tested it yet because I was waiting for my replacement drone. It got here today. Trying to learn as much as I can from you and others. Battery life being a key issue.

I was using Autopilot so I could record the screen and then forgot to save the file! The 65 was my signal strength on the controller.

I see you were using AutoPilot and not the DJI Go app. Do you think that helped?

I've also made it that far (10,134') with the DBS, but with amps, w/o amps only got to 7200'.
But I normally do turn around when I feel I'm starting to lose signal.

Oh and I'm not sure if using Autopilot made a difference. I'll have to try with the DJI app.

Did you have your senors turned off? I am asking a lot of ???. I have the amped version. I haven't tested it yet because I was waiting for my replacement drone. It got here today. Trying to learn as much as I can from you and others. Battery life being a key issue.

I didn't turn off the sensors. It was my regular setup except for the DBS mod. I was happy that I actually did the mod right!

987de79074a85e2e3a0301f58c74e68a.jpg
89776eec7be801cbf43ced248bc351e8.jpg

So you did it with out the amps. I try not to work on to many things. My gunsmith calls me the "Beaver". Looks like a beaver chewed on it when I get done.

So you did it with out the amps. I try not to work on to many things. My gunsmith calls me the "Beaver". Looks like a beaver chewed on it when I get done.

I don't know that I would want my baby any farther away than 2 miles. I think the amps would be overkill for me.

1.6.8 which I updated to when I got the drone. I know lots have had problems but I've been lucky. Like I said I was getting 3000+ with the stock RC.

It seems those in a CE mode area are having all the issues with this FW. I'm in FCC mode and also did 1000m with a stock RC and the same FW.

I see you were using AutoPilot and not the DJI Go app. Do you think that helped?

I've also made it that far (10,134') with the DBS, but with amps, w/o amps only got to 7200'.
But I normally do turn around when I feel I'm starting to lose signal.

I wanted to let you know I went to the same place and used the Litchi app and got the same distance. Again I still had signal at about 10,600 feet but turned it around. So the same with Autopilot and Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31