Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

You have to upgrade the also... first the bird. Delete the app. Install the latest app. Then turn the bird on, remote last. Then the Go app says update controller. No problems updating ever

For those who have upgrade-
1) is max distance unchanged?
2) 32 channel hack still work?

Reactions: NormanNormal
Updates completed without incident. No changes in flight performance noted,

I did experience complete loss of GPS lock with 18 satelites recorded which required RC and AC restart to clear. That is a new experience.

Havent tested for any seriois distance yet. Im hoping the encryptiom changes reffered to in item 4 of the release note dont introduce a restriction in this respect. Any encription implementation that requires ACK may require re-transmissiom of packets. Will be interesting what observatioms are with time.

Well that defeats the whole idea behind all in one firmware....
I'm currently at 1.4. So I have to go through. 1.5,1.6 and then to 1.8 to get the intermediate battery updates?
Actually, it defeats the purpose of staying so far behind in fear. ;)

I think it has been determined that you can go right to the latest update, but just keep the card in an update all batteries you have too before you call it done.

Just updated mine. When firmware completed installation, the camera on drone went nuts (video below). Firmware installed successfully and drone is working normally. Thank God. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
****, that drone is pissed off. By any chance, :oops: did you tell it that it looks fat?

Updated mine tonight. Light on camera only ever flashed red. It did sound the D D D D while updating, then when done, the light never turned solid green, but got the D--DD sound.
Rebooting all seems normal. Motors start. Txt file said success. GO app said I'm on latest. I'll test as soon as weather permits.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Put the SD card in the gimbal with the 1.8.bin file & turned on the Phantom.
Solid green status light, no red/green. Several times. No .txt file.

Finally got it to run, now it tells me:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

I downloaded again, unzipped, put new file in, & get the same mess.
What the H do I do now?

As per Autoflightlogic webpage;

"..RTH Issue as of Apr 8, 2016: The firmware released on Apr 7, 2016 does correct the RTH issue for the Phantom 4, but the issue is still present for all other aircraft types. DJI expects to have a complete fix by the end of April. ..."

So this FW update did not solve the Autopilot failsafe RTH function.. That sucks.

Reactions: egoldy
This may have already been covered (didn't see it), but the latest firmware upgrade has moved the battery detection from the DJI GO App to the aircraft firmware. I tried several batteries in the aircraft and all 3rd party batteries now cause the upper screen to turn red with text indicating that their is a problem with the battery and that you should land your craft immediately. It also says, battery not connected. In the past it would say Non DJI Battery Detected.

Updates completed without incident. No changes in flight performance noted,

I did experience complete loss of GPS lock with 18 satelites recorded which required RC and AC restart to clear. That is a new experience.

Havent tested for any seriois distance yet. Im hoping the encryptiom changes reffered to in item 4 of the release note dont introduce a restriction in this respect. Any encription implementation that requires ACK may require re-transmissiom of packets. Will be interesting what observatioms are with time.
I don't think encryption will add any handshaking and retransmission process. This is the fundamental difference between conventional wifi and lightbridge. We don't know the effect of it yet on the distance of transmission but we know this would require RC and AC FW compatibility.

This may have already been covered (didn't see it), but the latest firmware upgrade has moved the battery detection from the DJI GO App to the aircraft firmware. I tried several batteries in the aircraft and all 3rd party batteries now cause the upper screen to turn red with text indicating that their is a problem with the battery and that you should land your craft immediately. It also says, battery not connected. In the past it would say Non DJI Battery Detected.
Good piece of information. I read somewhere batteries internal serial numbers are checked and a message is flashed if it finds a wrong or no number. Thx for the information.

I don't think encryption will add any handshaking and retransmission process. This is the fundamental difference between conventional wifi and lightbridge. We don't know the effect of it yet on the distance of transmission but we know this would require RC and AC FW compatibility.
Let's hope not. It appears lightbridge is just a fancy name for a polished wifibroadcast implementation where guys are getting 3km plus HD video downlink with a cheap off the shelf hardware.

Lightbridge is not just a fancy name, it is in fact a light wifi implementing one way transmission without checking for packets parity. This way one gets low latencies. It's a simple protocol. Videos do not need information transmission validity as they contain no information, just the picture bytes.

FW 1.8.80 has implemented encryption on signals for data transmission. As the data is negligible compared to video bytes, I don't feel any lowering of the performance , in fact we will get reliable info which we get in conventional wifi.

These are just the speculations, we don't know what has been really implemented.

Last edited:
Lightbridge is not just a fancy name, it is in fact a light wifi implementing one way transmission without checking for packets parity. This way one gets low latencies. It's a simple protocol. Videos do not need information transmission validity as they contain no information, just the picture bytes.

FW 1.8.80 has implemented encryption on signals for data transmission. As the data is negligible compared to video bytes, I don't feel any lowering of the performance , in fact we will get reliable info which we get in conventional wifi.

These are just the speculations, we don't know what has been really implemented.
I persoanlly think lightbidge is a fancy name, very clever in fact being a bridge for the light from lens to screen. Im with you completely in that the performance obtained while complying with wifi standards (diverity, sharing available bandwidth etc) must be through through relaxing the requirements for 100% data accuracy. We see this in the video quality decrease at the limits. If your theory correct its good news.....

Reactions: NormanNormal
Hi i upgrade my p3 to new vercion aircraft 1.8.80 app 2.7.1..is it safe to fly or not.i can find 2.7.2 app.anybody test it??

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N9005 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Question seems to have been asked several time but I have not seen an answer to this.

Can you on IOS update RC using go 2.7.1 ?

Reactions: christodoulos1
image.png

Reactions: reboot81

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1