Controller downloads firmware V 1.9.3???

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Pro which was flown a couple of times and then got the dreaded "No video transmission" error one day, probably after a firmware update. At the time I tried EVERY suggestion I could find to discover the fix multiple times even. I mean EVERY. Got fed up and put it away.

Pulled it out recently, connected everything and updated the firmware (aircraft 1.11.20 controller 1.9.2 App is 3.1.42 and running on iPhone 6 with OEM cable). Of course still "No video transmission"

- BUT -

At the end of the above firmware upgrade I got a window on the phone that said something about "hardware activation" with a Yes/No. It was on the screen for only a second and went away without a chance to answer. What could it want to activate and how can I force it to ask again?? DJI support thinks I am dreaming of course and their only solution is send it in. They asked the engineers/developers and am waiting on a reply though I am not optimistic I will get one. I am fully convinced my problem with video is NOT a hardware error but a software bash up and bound and determined to get to the bottom of it. Has anyone seen this before?

- ALSO -

I read about the controller GL-300A C1 version and one suggestion was to force a firmware reinstall. I reset using the usual C1+C2+Rec+ISO wheel / power on to blue light. App says upgrade is need. When I continue, the download says "Firmware Vesrion 1.9.3" is being downloaded. When the upgrade starts I get all the beeping status bar say 0%... 1%.. then the controller acts like it is finished. After reboot I connect the App and it says controller version is 1.9.2!! If 1.9.2 is the supposed newest version (what DJI says), then why is it downloading version 1.9.3?? 1.9.2 is clearly different from 1.9.2 isn't it?

If any of you guys have any suggestions about this or how to fix the no video transmission without being held up for a DJI refurb and big bill without really solving the original problem I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

I have a Phantom 3 Pro which was flown a couple of times and then got the dreaded "No video transmission" error one day, probably after a firmware update. At the time I tried EVERY suggestion I could find to discover the fix multiple times even. I mean EVERY. Got fed up and put it away.

Pulled it out recently, connected everything and updated the firmware (aircraft 1.11.20 controller 1.9.2 App is 3.1.42 and running on iPhone 6 with OEM cable). Of course still "No video transmission"

- BUT -

At the end of the above firmware upgrade I got a window on the phone that said something about "hardware activation" with a Yes/No. It was on the screen for only a second and went away without a chance to answer. What could it want to activate and how can I force it to ask again?? DJI support thinks I am dreaming of course and their only solution is send it in. They asked the engineers/developers and am waiting on a reply though I am not optimistic I will get one. I am fully convinced my problem with video is NOT a hardware error but a software bash up and bound and determined to get to the bottom of it. Has anyone seen this before?

- ALSO -

I read about the controller GL-300A C1 version and one suggestion was to force a firmware reinstall. I reset using the usual C1+C2+Rec+ISO wheel / power on to blue light. App says upgrade is need. When I continue, the download says "Firmware Vesrion 1.9.3" is being downloaded. When the upgrade starts I get all the beeping status bar say 0%... 1%.. then the controller acts like it is finished. After reboot I connect the App and it says controller version is 1.9.2!! If 1.9.2 is the supposed newest version (what DJI says), then why is it downloading version 1.9.3?? 1.9.2 is clearly different from 1.9.2 isn't it?

If any of you guys have any suggestions about this or how to fix the no video transmission without being held up for a DJI refurb and big bill without really solving the original problem I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome!

Most of the "no image transmission" threads mention modules 8 and 15 in your LOG_AB file. Is it safe to assume that checking this was part of "everything" that you checked? If so, what do you see for those modules?

Also, where did you end up with the "no image transmission" troubleshooting flow chart?

Reactions: JoBe
Thank you for the reply Oso. I get "device not detected" for both 8 & 15. As I mentioned, I was prompted to do some sort of hardware activation after the initial firmware upgrade was complete, but the window disappeared before I could answer Yes/No and have not been asked again. I can't seem to force it in any way so I can answer YES. Frustrating because I think that is the whole issue somehow. Is there some magic way to reset the aircraft like you can the controller that I don't know about?

The chart @Oso mentioned:
Fix no video feed / black screen / no image transmission / no FPV on Ph3 Pro

Firmware 1.9.3 - I have updates disabled so I don't really know; but I would speculate this might be GL300c only update - so installing it on GL300a may not lead to any change.

Thanks. The controller model/version thing is another confusion it seems. I have a GL-300A with the "C1" in the rounded box following. Can't figure why it would plainly say it is downloading "Current Firmware 1.9.3" and then installing 1.9.3 if it isn't. Maybe grasping at straws but hard to figure that one for sure.

The chart @Oso mentioned:
Fix no video feed / black screen / no image transmission / no FPV on Ph3 Pro

Firmware 1.9.3 - I have updates disabled so I don't really know; but I would speculate this might be GL300c only update - so installing it on GL300a may not lead to any change.

Working through the flowchart I get to "Reinstall very old firmware" and because afraid of bricking it and going backwards haven't done that yet.. Everything works fine except no video at this point. Guees I could just get over it and keep going....

I get "device not detected" for both 8 & 15.
That is what I suspected from the first sentence of your first post since we've seen it noted here on the forum so many dozens of times. As you probably know from your research, 8 /15 not detected is a very common symptom for when a P3P has the no image transmission problem. It shows in the bottom left of the flowchart and leads you to a different flowchart (in that same post) for a more technical fix involving the re-flashing of NAND for the DaVinci processor.

Sadly, DJI does not sell that Gimbal Main (Top) board and that is the one in high demand for replacement. If you try to find a replacement, you may get lucky and find a working used one for sale but you'd have to get it quickly if you saw one.

Last edited:
Not good news I guess. I may as well keep going through the flow chart. I looked for the earlier firmware versions at phantomhelp but don't see any. Were they removed I guess?

Will Dji fix it if you send it back or do they not have parts either? Any luck that direction?

Not good news I guess. I may as well keep going through the flow chart. I looked for the earlier firmware versions at phantomhelp but don't see any. Were they removed I guess?

Will Dji fix it if you send it back or do they not have parts either? Any luck that direction?
Unless there has been a recent change, you can still download many FW versions directly from DJI by clicking here.

As far as I know, they will still fix it for a fee if you send it in. If you are mechanically inclined you can try the second flowchart (DaVinci) steps and/or follow the links from there. @quaddamage did a wonderful job consolidated known steps for fixing that issue.

Unless there has been a recent change, you can still download many FW versions directly from DJI by clicking here.

As far as I know, they will still fix it for a fee if you send it in. If you are mechanically inclined you can try the second flowchart (DaVinci) steps and/or follow the links from there. @quaddamage did a wonderful job consolidated known steps for fixing that issue.

Thank you so much Oso. Found them. I will keep hammering and working through the flow chart. I have test equip and maybe I will get lucky. Not that much to loose I guess at this point.

I appreciate everyone's comments and patience with me very much. I will be sure to post back any results in case it helps anyone else.

Reactions: Oso
Wanted to follow up on this to let everyone know how I ended up and to thank all who replied for the help.

I ended up taking the gimbal apart to test the board. Sure enough, when applying voltage to the +5V pad on the chip as shown in the diagram I got nada out anywhere. Safe to assume my chip was cooked. I ended up being able to locate a camera/gimbal set to swap out and test. It worked fine. Sad that this board is so temp sensitive (it appears) and is also not available, but guess that just comes with the territory. Problem solved....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic