Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

Does anyone know why FW 1.6 is no longer downloadable on DJI website

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
DJI wants Everyone to use the latest firmware for Many Reasons is all I can tell you without letting the cat out the Bag. Try asking someone that you know personally by sending a message. I just don't want to cause anyone anymore problems than they already have.

I Love This Form!!!!!!! :)

I also love to get along with Everyone as well as Possible;)

Normally an upgrade should be welcome as it fixes bugs in previous release and/ or adds new features. But we hardly know what's all changed in the new release and we keep thinking is the range reduced? Are new NFZ controls added? Etc etc. DJI has to gain confidence of the Phantom community that the new release will not withdraw/ limit existing features and it will always give better and stable performance.
AMEN!!!!!!

DJI wants Everyone to use the latest firmware for Many Reasons is all I can tell you without letting the cat out the Bag. Try asking someone that you know personally by sending a message. I just don't want to cause anyone anymore problems than they already have.

I Love This Form!!!!!!! :)

I also love to get along with Everyone as well as Possible;)

Huh ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: arcaine25
No idea
I'm new to this
It's the stock one with the P3P
Galaxy Tab A

There should be a model # on the underside of the remote GL300_

No prob!!
I found only the gl300a will charge my iPad but all of the remotes charge my nexus 7

I flew it into a NFZ and lost control until it was approx 50 feet outside of the NFZ. I didnt realize what happened at first and it scared the crap out of me. After I figured it out, I tested it a few times and the same thing happened each time. I also got a "Collision Warning" on my tablet once I crossed into the NFZ.
Have you noticed any New NFZ, or a possible increase in the SIZE of them?? THAT IS what I'm worried about!!!! I Tried to fly a Typhoon on my Property, and NFZ was ALL OVER the Screen!!!:/ Motors will not Arm, and just makes a beeping sound. I'm Nowhere Near a NFZ on the GO APP as of "NOW", but I had to take a 30 MINUTE!!!!! Drive to (BFE) before I could get out of Theirs. A Yuneec Product is Nothing But a very awkward Gimbal enhanced camcorder as far as I'm concerned, Due to their RIDICULOUS NFZ's!! God help us if DJI Pulls anything close to what I experienced. I'm NOT close to a international Airport. 4-1/2 miles away from a regional Airport Property Line. No runway PATHS even Close to my Property BTW. "I LITERALLY FEAR UPDATES" every since this Experience!!!

Thanks for the help
It may have been doing it all along but I only noticed since the update
The charge symbol is red when connected which is different

Mine is also red on the Galaxy tab. but it indicates a "not charging / non compatible charger" state. it's only been that way since the update on mine as well for both P3 and P4.

Last edited:
Have you noticed any New NFZ, or a possible increase in the SIZE of them?? THAT IS what I'm worried about!!!! I Tried to fly a Typhoon on my Property, and NFZ was ALL OVER the Screen!!!:/ Motors will not Arm, and just makes a beeping sound. I'm Nowhere Near a NFZ on the GO APP as of "NOW", but I had to take a 30 MINUTE!!!!! Drive to (BFE) before I could get out of Theirs. A Yuneec Product is Nothing But a very awkward Gimbal enhanced camcorder as far as I'm concerned, Due to their RIDICULOUS NFZ's!! God help us if DJI Pulls anything close to what I experienced. I'm NOT close to a international Airport. 4-1/2 miles away from a regional Airport Property Line. No runway PATHS even Close to my Property BTW. "I LITERALLY FEAR UPDATES" every since this Experience!!!

that is also the main and almost only reason i fear an update. I welcome enhancements to the product, I welcome changes that could not only increase performance / battery life, but also prevent me from crashing in conditions I can't control (such as the recent propulsion change when cold, I actually think that was a smart idea that actually HELPS us Phantom pilots), updates to the algorithms for obstacle avoidance, etc... but if an NFZ increases from what it was, or is placed where it shouldn't be, almost completely grounding most of their products, then that is a bad thing and what I fear about an update. Where I currently live, on the weekends and after work hours there are empty areas all in front of my house where I can fly safely with no issue, but there is a local small airport approximately 8 or so miles north west of my home. I don't even fly towards the direction of that airport typically, but If they increased that distance that is an NFZ, then I am screwed for even a takeoff, and the place where I normally pilot all the time is ruined, and I won't get near as much flight time as I currently do, which would ruin this hobby for me and I would most likely give up, at least on the Phantoms. (I custom build them too using Tarot ZYX-M FC's, great machines!)

Just my $0.02..

/rant

Reactions: Jack1926
Thanks
I was worried the it might have been too high voltage

No problem, and I must add that both my Tx's for P3 and P4 are the GL300C models.

Last edited:
Hi kidaven, I did update the batteries. Tried them today ( I have 3) and 2 of them on 47% message popped up on the screen saying battery level is low, the aircraft will land in 10 sec.I cancelled the message and brought it down to 6' above the ground kept it till 15% and no other message. 14% message came landing and it landed.
Are you sure that was "Land in 10 seconds" not (Go Home)
When the calculated battery level to return home (H) passes the end of the green battery line you get "Low Power" warning. Then Go Home.
If you play back the flight record from your device you will know.

Here what it looks like. This is at 51% battery. See the yellow H has passed the end of the percentage line. This has nothing to do with last update.
There is a 10 second chance to cancel.
Low Battery.jpg

Just to confirm to update a new battery in my completely up to date phantom already. Place 1.8 back on the card as always and have the new battery in, at which time only the battery will update and finish as normal, in a quick couple minutes. This is correct?

Just to confirm to update a new battery in my completely up to date phantom already. Place 1.8 back on the card as always and have the new battery in, at which time only the battery will update and finish as normal, in a quick couple minutes. This is correct?
Yes that is correct.

I keep the original SD card that came with my P3P with the latest FW I am using on it at all times and only use it when updating P3P or batteries. I have 3 64BG SDcards I use for footage. By always having a card with latest FW you can easily help others update or update batteries.

Just always bear in mind there are separate FW updates for the Camera and the Remote Controller as well as new versions of the GOapp for either iOS or Android, and there are different versions of the tablet SW as well. All the software and FW has to match and be compatible. Either update everything to the latest or don't update anything.

I usually wait a week or so to update just to make sure no major problems exist with new updates. But I must say I have never had a problem with DJI or iOS updates in 9 months of using and updating my P3P.

I think most problems arise when users don't match all the updates, or have corrupt GOapps or incompatible SW on their tablet. I dedicate a iPad Mini 2 to nothing but my P3P apps and B4youFly. And I only run 1 program at a time on it. I think others may also have problems because of conflicting programs on their Tablets.

Personally I have hundreds of trouble free flights on my P3P. Never a single problem or malfunction except when testing beta SW, and that never caused a crash either, just loss of tablet app until relaunched, P3P was still controllable from the DJI remote.

I also have thousands of hrs flying lots of different RC planes, helis and MRs, and full scale GA planes. So I don't think it is just luck.

Reactions: Jack1926
Yes that is correct.

I keep the original SD card that came with my P3P with the latest FW I am using on it at all times and only use it when updating P3P or batteries. I have 3 64BG SDcards I use for footage. By always having a card with latest FW you can easily help others update or update batteries.

Just always bear in mind there are separate FW updates for the Camera and the Remote Controller as well as new versions of the GOapp for either iOS or Android, and there are different versions of the tablet SW as well. All the software and FW has to match and be compatible. Either update everything to the latest or don't update anything.

I usually wait a week or so to update just to make sure no major problems exist with new updates. But I must say I have never had a problem with DJI or iOS updates in 9 months of using and updating my P3P.

I think most problems arise when users don't match all the updates, or have corrupt GOapps or incompatible SW on their tablet. I dedicate a iPad Mini 2 to nothing but my P3P apps and B4youFly. And I only run 1 program at a time on it. I think others may also have problems because of conflicting programs on their Tablets.

Personally I have hundreds of trouble free flights on my P3P. Never a single problem or malfunction except when testing beta SW, and that never caused a crash either, just loss of tablet app until relaunched, P3P was still controllable from the DJI remote.

I also have thousands of hrs flying lots of different RC planes, helis and MRs, and full scale GA planes. So I don't think it is just luck.
Thanks. Like I said, my phantom and remote are completely up to date. Just this pesky new battery that needs a push. Hopefully no problems arise.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor