Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

Let me start by saying I find the firmware upgrade process extremely frustrating.

I find myself excited to take my drone out and fly so I get it unboxed and ready for flight; to only receive several notifications in the Go App that I need to upgrade RC & Aircraft. This usually results in a 30-45 minute frustrating period that I just want to be flying and I am waiting on upgrades to be done.

Since the firmware has to be upgraded so often it would be nice to get an email from DJI informing us that their is a new release. This would allow me to download and have it ready before going out, since I sometimes don't use my drone for weeks at a time.

I like how the RC can be upgraded through the Go App. I wish the Drone could be upgraded through the APP as well, this would remove a lot of frustration.

Does anyone know if either the email or the Go App for the aircraft upgrade are something in the works with DJI?

Don't really like the idea that I have to manually go the download page on DJI's site or get everything ready for flight only to find out that I need to upgrade then.......

Reactions: aenbacka
Let me start by saying I find the firmware upgrade process extremely frustrating.

I find myself excited to take my drone out and fly so I get it unboxed and ready for flight; to only receive several notifications in the Go App that I need to upgrade RC & Aircraft. This usually results in a 30-45 minute frustrating period that I just want to be flying and I am waiting on upgrades to be done.

You do know you don't have to do the updates. You can still fly on the old firmware and update when you have the time.

You do know you don't have to do the updates. You can still fly on the old firmware and update when you have the time.

I purposely do NOT update my app or firmware until there seems to be a weird issue I can't figure out or a feature I might actually want. I don't have a Cellular connected iPad, so when I'm.out in the field it can't check for updates anyway. I hardly ever connect at home. So updates for me are few and far between

Reactions: peterepeat69
Upgraded my P3A, remote, DJI Go App, and batteries all with no issues.
I upgraded everything and it works. However, halfway through a flight the Go App crashed my IPAD. Don't know if it was coincidence or not but this is the first time this has ever happened.

I can download the RC firmware, the firmware updates successfully, the screen prompts to reboot RC.

I turn rc off and restart, the overall status indicates rc firmware needs an update.

Running dji 2.7.2; iphone 6s+, latest ios.

Why won't the rc remain firmware current?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, same issue, any solutions?

Well, after a long chat with DJI, they gave me the solution. I think it's interesting to post it, since I haven't found it after googling for it.

To force to reinstall the firmware on the transmitter, it is necessary to press both back buttons, and the recording button, and the right wheel and then, turn it on without releasing any button. It still will show a solid white light and the RTH lighted on too.

Then, connect it to the app, select manually the aircraft type, enter into camera mode, and press on the "Disconnected" message. The popup will show now the option to update the firmware. By pressing it, it will install it into the transmitter as usual.

I hope it helps somebody.
Can you better describe the buttons, I am not sure I have enough fingers and dexterity to do all of that?

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I was one ios update behind, along with several AC updates behind (I was on 1.05) an RC update behind, and a Go update behind. So after reading good things about this update, I bit the bullet and did them all this morning

My batts were all at 50% so I started them charging.
I did my ios update. When that was complete I did the Go update. Then I power cycled the Mini3

I connected the Mini3 to the tx and did the tx update (AC off) And then power cycled both the tx and Mini.
By that time the batts were charged. Put the .bin on the SD, inserted a batt in the AC, and the update started. (tx off)
Update lasted 10-15 minutes (I didn't really time it) I got the D-DD, and the solid gimbal light, and "Success" on the SD
Then, I pulled that batt and placed the next batt in the AC. (tx off) That batt updated. (took 1-3 minutes, I didn't really time it). I repeated that for the rest of my batts, all updated similarly.

Then it was out for a fly on my no lunch, lunch break. It was way to windy to be flying, but I did anyway. The P3 performed flawlessly. I did not fly out more than a half mile with all the wind, but it fought the wind going out and captured its always flawless video and pictures with full bars on the RC and video feeds. I flew around the general area, followed the maintenance guy moving the field, did some hovering etc., with a few more short vids and pics.

All tests passed with flying colors, from one of the greatest machines ever to fly

I had the same signal loss problem and found that since I had the previous update and current update on my memory card the latest firmware update had been corrupted. After going through all the steps others have mentioned I finally as a lay step cleared my memory card and re downloaded the new update and reinstalled. This finally worked.

Hi kidaven, I did update the batteries. Tried them today ( I have 3) and 2 of them on 47% message popped up on the screen saying battery level is low, the aircraft will land in 10 sec.I cancelled the message and brought it down to 6' above the ground kept it till 15% and no other message. 14% message came landing and it landed.

Id check the battery warning level in the settings menu first. Then if that wasn't it, id redo the firmware on each battery.....

I turn rc off and restart, the overall status indicates rc firmware needs an update.
Why won't the rc remain firmware current?
I am on the same setup, and had a similar issue yesterday, except after the second try the RC was bricked.

I tried the four-finger DJI salute recommended by many, but it and everything else I found did not work.

This trick from DJI e-mail support (and almost at the same time from a member on the DJI forum) did the trick:
- In the DJI Home screen there is a graduation cap or the academy icon on the right upper corner
- Please hold that icon down for about 5-10 secs and a downgrade for the Rc should prompt
- re install the 1.5.7 and the Rc should install that update and then you should have connection between the Drone and RC again

Still can't believe I didn't think of using the graduation cap on my own...

Recent outing my maps didn't load at all. Using IOS.
I've had that happen before not sure what's up, so I flew without maps. Did get the notification home point was updated but no maps. Rebooted the app and the R/C with no luck. Have the switch set to cache the maps but did not do it at home before leaving. Honestly not even sure how that works since you power down the app etc.
I've had it not load maps on previous software. Hope it doesn't continue.
Did you have the internet at your location?

Today I made a first flight wit 1.8 FW and I have lost signal 2 times for about 1-2 second. (B/W picture with red alert).
I am not sure if this is a FW fault or not because there was no wind, sunny weather. Also when we speak about ,,no signal'' alert, is it possible that P3P fly away or he always go on home point even signal is lost?

Anyone figure out how to get into data mode on this release ?
(so drone connects to computer)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z