Finally got my p4p

Reaction score
I am waiting to buy ipad for dji go. My all gear is android and i dont want to take risk. Thats why it is sleeping for now.
What should i do before first flight ?
Imu calibration, compass calibration etc.
I will buy ipad pro 10.5 64gb.
Could it fit in tablet holder without extension part?
Could 64gb be enuogh or should i buy 256?
First charge of batteries how should it be long?
How can i update drone and remote ?
Thanks for your help...

IPad is a good choice, you will need an extender to fit the 10.5". iPad Air 2 fits perfect and works well.
IMU Calibration - yes - take your time with it, on a perfectly level surface.
Compass calibration? Probably not needed, if you do notice odd flight behaviour then make sure to do it outdoors well away from any metal
You don't really need huge storage on the iPad, the footage is recorded to the SD card in the phantom. Get a few fast, quality SD cards, 32 or 64GB as spares.
Charge the batteries as long as it takes for them to stop charging.
Update - many would suggest not to, at least not yet.

If you like Android, the Galaxy Tab S3, 9.7", fits perfectly, works perfectly and weighs only 15 oz. The battery will run for 12-15 hours, even when being pushed like playing 4k video.
Just an alternative if you are looking.
I use mine with my new P4P, not issues, fully up to date, flies well.

I personally use the iPad Air 2 and it's very solid with respect to running DJI apps and Litchi. Downside is it does not like to be in a hot environment. In temps that are close to the high end of the drones specs I try to start out with the tablet being on the cool side and stay out of direct sun, plus the shade helps the viewing of the screen.

IPad is a good choice, you will need an extender to fit the 10.5". iPad Air 2 fits perfect and works well.
Get a few fast, quality SD cards, 32 or 64GB as spares.
Update - many would suggest not to, at least not yet.
Actually ipad air 2 is enuogh for now but 2 years later it will be old tech. I read 10.5 ipad fits with some power. Could it? I live in turkey shipping is little bit problem. If i use without extender 1-2 month could i harm to tablet holder?
I have got two 64 sandisk extreme pro already.
You said i shouldn't update my remote and p4p isn't it ? I read if i don't update latest vers. I cant fly. İs it true? What is worse in latest update?

I have ipad pro 10.5 and it fits WITH the extender just fine and looks great. You def need the extension and should have no problems with it harming the holder. As for updating the firmware......DONT DO IT!!!!!!

What AC firmware or you on now? Also which version of DJI Go 4 do you have? If you are still able to disable geofencing you are golden! NEVER EVER EVER update again unless they DRAMITICALLY change their NFZ policies.

I have ipad pro 10.5 and it fits WITH the extender just fine and looks great. You def need the extension and should have no problems with it harming the holder. As for updating the firmware......DONT DO IT!!!!!!

What AC firmware or you on now? Also which version of DJI Go 4 do you have? If you are still able to disable geofencing you are golden! NEVER EVER EVER update again unless they DRAMITICALLY change their NFZ policies.
I didnt do anything. What is geofencing?

If you have an older version of DJI Go4 you can turn geofencing off. Geofencing is the noose that DJI puts around your neck that gives you the dreaded message "cannot take off" anytime and place THEY feel that you should not be flying regardless of how inaccurate they are with the NFZ's.

I didnt do anything. What is geofencing?
1504245733905-17098254.jpg
here bit of a idea

Wtf ! Isnt there any solution? I didnt even buy ipad. When i download it will be latest ver. :(

Thanks for all your help. So if i update there would no problem. Is there something like bug or error ?
Is there anything before or during flight i should know ? Could you help me ?

There are MANY threads you should go thru describing what kind of nightmares people are having AFTER updating their firmware so why risk it? Why not just leave well enough alone if it's flying good now. At least wait and see if DJI comes out with any new firmware that fixes all the issues people are having.

I am on my 4th, yes that's 4 drones. I had to send 3 back for various issues. This one has been a good one. The only thing I did different was no firmware upgrade. No compass calibration and no IMU calibration. I hook up my I-Phone 7 and fly. No problems.

Reactions: jeffames226
I wont upgrade but now i am confused about calibration. On youtube they say do compass and imu calibration but you said against these. Anyone else to advise about this ??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic