Feiyu Tech FY-G3 wiring to Naza 2

Todesengel said:
Well, I got mine installed and hooked up. and yes bunger, the red wire was the one i had to use also. I disconnected the white, and let the built in gyro on the gimbal handle the yaw. I tried it with the Naza, but it seems to be smother letting the gimbal handle it. Was kinda dissapointed to learn that i had to drop the backpack battery from my go pro to get it mounted. But the video trx will power the camera anyway.
The gimbal works great when i tilt the Phantom around by hand, haven't got to try it out in flight yet, dark and raining here.
It seems to be well built, and is solid as a rock when mounted. I like having the control board built into the motor housing, instead of sitting out on one of the frame plates, this should provide more protection for it. Hopefuly i will get to try her out tomorrow.

Good to hear you had a similar experience.

The only point that I am "iffy" on is that the vibration balls are carrying the weight of the gimbal unit as the gimbal is mounted on the lower bracket. We will see though...

Todesengel said:
Was kinda dissapointed to learn that i had to drop the backpack battery from my go pro to get it mounted. But the video trx will power the camera anyway.

You should be glad you had to drop wifi backpack, it would've raised havoc with your TX control.

It wasn't a wi-fi pack emcsquare, it was a piggyback battery pack. Humm, sounds like a nursery rhyme.
And, yes bunger, i have the ImmersionRC 600mw trx, with the uno 5800 v2. That's my next project. got to figure out how to re-mount the video trx. Before i just had it velcroed to the bottom of the quad.

Todesengel said:
i have the ImmersionRC 600mw trx, with the uno 5800 v2. That's my next project. got to figure out how to re-mount the video trx. Before i just had it velcroed to the bottom of the quad.

This is my next project. How are you powering both the gimbal and the FPV Tx?

The power leads for both are soldered to the main battery wires on the circuit board. I am only going to use one battery, 2700mAh maddog cells. Can't see trying to use two batteries, as the added weight is going to reduce the flight time to a negligible difference.

Todesengel said:
The power leads for both are soldered to the main battery wires on the circuit board. I am only going to use one battery, 2700mAh maddog cells. Can't see trying to use two batteries, as the added weight is going to reduce the flight time to a negligible difference.

Are you using the aux power wires at all, or just ignoring them?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl