Help with sort compass err - Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hi guys, good night, I'm new to drones and recently I ended up buying a Phantom 2 with feiyu tech g3 gimbal, iOSD Mini and Immersion RC for FPV, I had already researched about phantom 2, so I read the quick guide and the manual on the dji website, did the pre-flight procedures, successfully calibrated the compass and made my first flight smoothly.

So far so good, but on my second flight, after taking off and staying at about 10 meters high for about 20 seconds, the drone started to descend quickly even though I had the left joystick all up, it went down, I tried grab it but it ended up falling to the ground, so it broke a landing gear, I put a new one in place but now the compass does not calibrate, a red light appears repeatedly after trying to calibrate vertically.

In the pc assistant, the warning "compass err" appears randomly, at the same time that the red light is on continuously as in the video.

It does this randomly and when it does, it returns to atti mode, looks like bad contact or something

I've tried to reset the compass with a magnet, check the flat cable and nothing, the values appear normally.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi guys, good night, I'm new to drones and recently I ended up buying a Phantom 2 with feiyu tech g3 gimbal, iOSD Mini and Immersion RC for FPV, I had already researched about phantom 2, so I read the quick guide and the manual on the dji website, did the pre-flight procedures, successfully calibrated the compass and made my first flight smoothly.

So far so good, but on my second flight, after taking off and staying at about 10 meters high for about 20 seconds, the drone started to descend quickly even though I had the left joystick all up, it went down, I tried grab it but it ended up falling to the ground, so it broke a landing gear, I put a new one in place but now the compass does not calibrate, a red light appears repeatedly after trying to calibrate vertically.

In the pc assistant, the warning "compass err" appears randomly, at the same time that the red light is on continuously as in the video.

It does this randomly and when it does, it returns to atti mode, looks like bad contact or something

I've tried to reset the compass with a magnet, check the flat cable and nothing, the values appear normally.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thats not how you calibrate the compass, outside in an open area, rotate the quad then rotate face down and at arms length, do that and then let us know.

as for the rapid descent, your battery is no good or not fully charged, use the assistant to look at the battery cell levels they should be pretty much in line with each other

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers