Fast MicroSD card not usable in P4P

Reaction score
I just received a new Lexar 64GB Pro Micro SDXC card UHS-II (1000X) from B & H. I popped it into my Phantom 4 Pro, and I got an SD Card Error message. No more details seemed to be available. The card appeared to be preformatted OK on my Windows PC. What's the problem? Should I send the card back?

Try formatting as eXFAT file system on the PC (or format in the AC if it will let you). Can the PC recognise the card? Are you able to write a file to it?

That card is much more than fast enough.
The P4pro can be a little more fussy than previous models.
There are some cards it just doesn't like.

Usually low speed cards are not usable

Use your DJI Go 4 app to format the card and try again before returning

This is pretty much the fastest card I've ever seen, or so I thought. It also has a second set of contacts, which is something I had never seen in a card before! After having just opened the package, the PC had a hard time even recognizing the card. I mean, it didn't even show up as a device in the file browser. But after a few tries, it showed up as blank with exfat formatting. I then just ejected it and tried it on the quad again. No luck. The PC still had a hard time recognizing it.

So I got the PC to recognize the card again, after many tries. This time around, I reformatted the card (in exfat) even though it's supposed to have been preformatted. Now, the PC recognizes the card easily, and even the Linux side of it recognizes the card easily! Later today I'll see if the quad now recognizes the card.

This reminds me of one of my Samsung EVO cards. My P3A wouldn't recognize it even though it was supposedly formatted. So I reformatted it and it worked fine.

Just tried the card in the aircraft. No go. Can't format it in the aircraft either. Am returning. What about SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Plus? Usable?

Any card that meets class 10 or UHS 1 spec (15MB/s sustainable write speed) should work as per DJI spec. While they are raved about i wouldn't buy Sandisk, I have had three of their high spec cards fail.

Thanks, but oops, I just ordered a SanDisk Extreme Plus! Oh well, let's hope it works. Lexar didn't come through for me!

B&H just told me it should work, so with luck, it will. Thanks all for your advise!

Last edited:
It may help:
69d8822fd3eadebe6dedaae55517b4fd.jpg

Purchased the same Lexar 64GB Pro Micro SDXC card UHS-II (1000X) card for my P4Pro+ and got the SD card error. Tried formatting it in my PC (Windows 10) but still got the SD card error. Tried it in my GoPro 4 and it worked so used the SD card from my GoPro in the bird and left it at that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers