Reaction score
Hey everyone. I recently bought a Phantom 4 Pro and have had this problem while panning during videos and other motions. No matter what settings I change or what I play it back with it is always choppy. I'm using the Lexar UHS-I 16gb card that came with it with the correct double shutter speed (60 or 120) and Ive tried another Micro SD with the same results yet the live view it super smooth. Do I need a faster Micro SD like a UHS-II 150mb/s card?

Two Youtube Videos I posted to show you guys.

Thanks for the help!
Garrett

I didn't notice sorry can't help looks ok. Second one is pretty plain color wise, but didn't see any choppy footage.

Ok. I think it might be my video player on my computer. When I watch it on YouTube it looks pretty good but when I play it on my windows video viewer it is laggy. I have a 2.7k monitor so I will try recording in 2.7k so see if it's just the 4k that is making it stutter a little.
Thanks

When I played it in the little window looks good from start to end. When I expanded the window I saw two stutters but then I replayed twice and didn't see the stutters again. I guess maybe it was not fully "loaded" when I maximized the window. Also maybe try and pan a little slower that might help. 8)

If you're shooting in 4K......... the computer might not have enough processor. Exactly Dads problem at first...... with his Autel

Reactions: Ben01
Yeah. I've basically solved the problem by uploading ever to Google photos. It works pretty well now. Thanks!

4k even with H.264 requires a lot of CPU power to decompress the video in real time for viewing. Some software provides a lower resolution preview mode which is far less demanding of the computer hardware.

Hey. Well I lowered the previewing resolution in premiere pro cc and then I uploaded all of my videos to Google photos and that helped a lot too.

This a common issue. Can be solved by upgrading your computer (duh :), lowering the recording resolution, or as above, lowering the playback resolution.

The last way is the best to go. You need an editor that has "proxy editing". It basically makes low res clips from your original footage. You use those clips to build your video. When it comes time to render, the computer will use the high-res footage to make the final video. Note the rendering time can be quite long on a slow computer. Just start it and go flying! :-D

Reactions: Blade4
Simple solution, change your micro card to a Sandisk Extreme , or Extreme pro! Rated for 4K video, and extremely fast read speeds! I had that problem, and couldn't stand it, but after that upgrade, and editing my vids on my MacBook Pro, became a thing of the past! It always paused as if skipping or buffering which drove me crazy for playback! Plays like butter, now!

I had the same problem on every clip at 4k/60fps. Turned out to be the player.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4