P4P and 128Gb Lexar SD card

Reaction score
I have a new Lexar 128Gb micro SDXC UHS-II U3 class 10 1000x card for the P4P.
No way to make it work: "Format failed" from the quad.
I also formatted it in my Mac as ExFAT.
Is this card too much for the P4P?

Honestly, I have tried three different Micro SD cards ranging from 32 gigs to 128, they all are giving me issues within the P4P. Today, I'm receiving a 128 gig to try, if that fails I'm going to swamp out the drone with a new one. It's getting kind of ridiculous.

Why the huge cards? What if you had all of your work on that and then lost it that's crazy should have a bunch of smaller ones . Anyways here is one that works for sure and i use everyday. Even recommended on dji site. Sandisk extreme pro u3 v30 32gb

The P4P+ is rated up to a 128GB card, however I bought a Delkin latest and greatest 128GB ($120) and could not get it to work either, same errors as OP. I had to fight like heck to return it but eventually prevailed.

Why the huge cards? What if you had all of your work on that and then lost it that's crazy should have a bunch of smaller ones . Anyways here is one that works for sure and i use everyday. Even recommended on dji site. Sandisk extreme pro u3 v30 32gb
With one battery I got 15Gb videos. For me, in the fields it is more dangerous manage 1 centimeter/1g cards than having just one I remove when I am in a safe place

Reactions: Tsavo
Yes you may have over spe'ced the card.
Try a UHS 1 card.
That Lexar card is UHS II. I cannot understand why it is okay for an older technology like the OSMO and not for the P4P.
At this time I am using a Samsung PRO U3 64Gb card

Last edited:
With one battery I got 15Gb videos. For me, in the fields it is more dangerous manage 1 centimeter/1g cards than having just one I remove when I am in a safe place

I am the same way, do not want to hassle with swapping cards in snow and cold (gloves, etc). I use a few 32GB and one 64GB for this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The P4P+ is rated up to a 128GB card, however I bought a Delkin latest and greatest 128GB ($120) and could not get it to work either, same errors as OP. I had to fight like heck to return it but eventually prevailed.

What I find most intriguing is that the P3S is spec'd for a 64GB card, but after trying one and having multiple format fails, I contacted DJI for a list of recommended...

And the list that came directly back from them had nothing on it larger than 32.

I've had no problems with any card that is rated at 633x write speed.

I asked them for a recommendation for a larger card and they said they don't have one.

Just repeating what I was told...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I have a new Lexar 128Gb micro SDXC UHS-II U3 class 10 1000x card for the P4P.
No way to make it work: "Format failed" from the quad.
I also formatted it in my Mac as ExFAT.
Is this card too much for the P4P?

I don't think formatting in Mac is a good idea (no offense - I'm a Mac support guy, and use Macs for 25+ Years) - the proper way (btw, dor any camera) is to format the card using the camera itself (so-the Phantom in this case).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What if "all" your work was on a much smaller card, eg.:32gb. That would still be unacceptable.

I don't think formatting in Mac is a good idea (no offense - I'm a Mac support guy, and use Macs for 25+ Years) - the proper way (btw, dor any camera) is to format the card using the camera itself (so-the Phantom in this case).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I also tried that but it is impossible because the card is not detected (I don't remember now the exactly error message)

From DJI
upload_2017-2-26_13-19-22.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31