ESC Status Error after attempted repair of motors. Looking for advice/ a good repair company

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

tl;dr: Tried to replace motors, received ESC Status Error on DJI GO app. Considering sending it in to get fixed professionally. Don't know if I should send it to DJI or to a 3rd party company. Pictures are embedded below.

I crashed my P3A into a wall and two of the arms were bent which caused those motors to fry. I figured I would replace the two motors and the melted shell hoping that was the only issue. I removed the fried motors by cutting their red black and yellow wires about halfway between the motors and the ESC board. Then I took 2 new motors (made sure they were the correct orientation) and soldered their wire ends to what was left over from the old motors. This way I wouldn't have to solder the new motors directly to the board and I'd first have to undo the old leads and the glue sealing that the drone comes with.

I tested the continuity of the wires and it seemed okay but when I tried to see if the motors would work, the DJI GO app said "ESC Status Error, restart aircraft, contact DJI Support if problem persists". I searched for people with this same problem and it seems like no one had any luck fixing it if this error comes up. I am afraid the ESC Board may have fried along with the two motors.

Therefore, I want to send it in to get fixed because I'm getting a little impatient and I don't have much time to work on it myself because I am in school now. I also don't want to spend $200+ on a new ESC just to find out that that won't fix it. Would you recommend sending it into DJI Repair or sending it to a 3rd party repair service? If 3rd party, which would you recommend?

Photos are attached below.

Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time to help me out here. I would love to hear any advice!

IMG_2619.JPG
IMG_2623.JPG
IMG_2625.PNG

Reactions: Janel
If you are close to Nashville Vivid Aerial is the best drone hospital around and they are a DJI dealer that knows their stuff.

After my mishap, where the motor was obstructed and melted the plastic, it flew for two more weeks until the escape error. In my case, DJI replaced the motor and upper/lower case and it was about $90, they covered the freight both ways. They repaired it and sent it out the next day. I didn't know anything about third party sources but was happy with DJI service. It does bother me thinking that it could have dropped from the sky during that two week period between the crash and the escape message.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

let me know if you need help.
i charge $50 for diagnostic fee which includes shipping back to you and i can go through it and let you know if it's the motors or actual main board and go from there.
i also have couple used main boards for $100 so cost would be minimal

btw i am located in MN

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31