Erroneous "Remove Gimbal Clamp" message/error

Reaction score
Last week the kid crashed P2V+ into a tree. this resulted in the ribbon cable to the camera and gimbal motors being severed, and one broken prop.

I just replaced all 4 props and installed a new ribbon cable.

Started up the entire system (the gimbal clamp is not installed) to test the ribbon cable install, and had success, good camera picture, gimbal was responding as it was supposed to, in all modes. Only one small issue was the camera was about 10 degrees off of level. Followed the procedure to re-level the camera servo, and restarted the system.

As soon as the copter goes to start up the gimbal, the camera starts to beep and i get the "Remove Gimbal Clamp" message on the iPhone. The gimbal will not respond to any commands or change in copter pitch, roll, or yaw nor in the FOV move. I still get a great picture, and the video and shutter commands work.
The copter flys perfect as it should but the camera, just stays pointed in whatever position it was in with a small amount of movement.

I have searched and searched with no luck on what to look for to correct this issue. I have taken then ribbon cable off and re-installed it with the exact same response.

Does anyone have a solution or suggestions?

Started up the entire system (the gimbal clamp is not installed) to test the ribbon cable install, and had success, good camera picture, gimbal was responding as it was supposed to, in all modes. Only one small issue was the camera was about 10 degrees off of level. Followed the procedure to re-level the camera servo, and restarted the system.

As soon as the copter goes to start up the gimbal, the camera starts to beep and i get the "Remove Gimbal Clamp" message on the iPhone.

I have a favorite saying when a customer describes to me a failure: 'the last thing you did is probably what caused the failure....

1) you had no 'remove clamp fault'
2) you did some adjustment scheme
3) you now have this issue.

see a pattern? either undo the scheme you did, or redo the scheme.

I totally agree with your logic, but the sake of america's attention deficit disorder i was trying to be brief and not list every step i performed. I have triple checked all connections, repeated the leveling procedure with no luck.

I was hoping to see if someone had a similar issue and a best practice to try. I have a new cable on order on the assumption I did some damage to the current installed cable that i can not see.

Again I hope, and will continue to wait for, someone has a procedural or referenced response rather than a unhelpful self-promoting philosophical posting

I totally agree with your logic, but the sake of america's attention deficit disorder i was trying to be brief and not list every step i performed. I have triple checked all connections, repeated the leveling procedure with no luck.

I was hoping to see if someone had a similar issue and a best practice to try. I have a new cable on order on the assumption I did some damage to the current installed cable that i can not see.

Again I hope, and will continue to wait for, someone has a procedural or referenced response rather than a unhelpful self-promoting philosophical posting

it actually was helpful as it does point to the probable cause.
What ever you did to level it has caused further and/or different damage or adjustment error. research and review what you did

like he said it worked until you did procedure A. the problem lies in that area.
to be more specific I would need it in front of me, sorry.

If you replaced the ribbon cable, it is easy to tighten the pitch motor housing screws in a sequence that binds the motor shaft slightly. When I tighten these screws, gently, one at a time, I spin the motor to see if it still spins freely. If it binds up a bit, I undo the screws and start with a different screw and spin each time I tighten a screw. You will find a "sweet" spot where it spins freely after all screws are tight. You might check the yaw arm set screw to make sure you tightened it with the camera in its normal working position.

Good luck, fly safe!

Jim

Baseballjohn, I have a similar problem - gimbal beeps 3 times and no response to RC. Just wondering if you got sorted ?

Baseballjohn, I have a similar problem - gimbal beeps 3 times and no response to RC. Just wondering if you got sorted ?
Good Morning Wingnut!! I did get it sorted it out. apparently i recieved a defective ribbon cable. They shipped me a new cable and i behaved correctly. the only problem after that was getting the camera level. It took about 20 times of attempting to align it the motor shaft and control board, but i finally got it correct and it flys like a champ.

Patience i guess is the key

Many thanks for your prompt response baseballjohn. Your success has given me the confidence to proceed with mine now. Did you go for a genuine ribbon cable or spurious ?

hello there. last week i had my PV2+ crash into the tree. after the crash. i can't see the camera view on the phone. if i try to record video. it keep saying connection broken. is there any shop around shah alam that provide servises

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20