P4P Gimbal droops

Reaction score
Still looking for a solution to a gimbal issue. I have a Phantom4Pro-v1, bought used. The seller said he started it once with the gimbal guard still in place, but it appeared to be working OK. Too late, I noticed that upon start-up, the gimbal does it's normal dance but after it finishes the camera slowly sags downward about 10 degrees from horizontal. The C1 button is programmed for horizontal-vertical gimbal control, and it does move the camera through 90-degrees as it should, but the 90-degree arc starts with the same 10-degree sag, and so finishes at 100-degrees from horizontal; that is, the camera looks slightly backwards. I have replaced the pitch motor; no improvement. What might be the issue ... ribbon cable, control board, other? Thank you.

if the gimbal guard was left on for any length of time it could have damaged the windings in the pitch motor ( the one that droops) Or ir could have damaged the camera IMU ( Pitch board) that is in the top of the camera head. I could put up a photo if it helps.

if the gimbal guard was left on for any length of time it could have damaged the windings in the pitch motor ( the one that droops) Or ir could have damaged the camera IMU ( Pitch board) that is in the top of the camera head. I could put up a photo if it helps.
I replaced the pitch motor with no improvement, so it must be something else. The guy I bought it from said he left the gimbal guard on once, but I don't know how long it took him to shut down or remove the guard. I don't know enough about the workings ... when you run an IMU calibration, is that process defining just a level/horizontal/flight plane? Or does it also define the horizontal plane for the gimbal? If an IMU calibration is good, does that eliminate an issue with the pitch board ... or could the pitch board be bad even if the IMU calibration is good? I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to test any components, so I was going to change the ribbon cable next. There is no problem with photos or videos, but changing the ribbon cable seems to solve a lot of gimbal-related issue.

I replaced the pitch motor with no improvement, so it must be something else. The guy I bought it from said he left the gimbal guard on once, but I don't know how long it took him to shut down or remove the guard. I don't know enough about the workings ... when you run an IMU calibration, is that process defining just a level/horizontal/flight plane? Or does it also define the horizontal plane for the gimbal? If an IMU calibration is good, does that eliminate an issue with the pitch board ... or could the pitch board be bad even if the IMU calibration is good? I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to test any components, so I was going to change the ribbon cable next. There is no problem with photos or videos, but changing the ribbon cable seems to solve a lot of gimbal-related issue.
The pitch board is not the same as the drone IMU. The pitch board is in the top of the camera head and is where the pitch motor plugs in. Running a drone IMU will not affect your issue. I would try to replace the board in the top of the camera head.

The pitch board is not the same as the drone IMU. The pitch board is in the top of the camera head and is where the pitch motor plugs in. Running a drone IMU will not affect your issue. I would try to replace the board in the top of the camera head.
Yes, a photo would be very helpful, if it's not too much trouble. Thank you. Do you know ... are the pitch board for the P4 Standard and P4Pro interchangeable?

here it is

Attachments

• IMG_3893.jpg
    IMG_3893.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 23

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl