Reaction score
Since upgrading DJI Go to version 2.85, I can no longer upload flight logs to DroneLogbook.com. They have a message stating that their program can no longer parse these logs and to just use Autoflight instead. However, I have a bunch of logs that I'm just waiting to upload but not sure if I should just give up and find another app-- I really like all the things you can track on here and it has a nice user interface but if I'm not going to be able to upload logs from DJI Go then might have to change.

My question is, has someone found a workaround for this (converting somewhere else then uploading)? If not, is there another similar app out there that I can start using? HealthyDrones seems alright....user interface lacking a bit which isn't a huge deal but the biggest thing is you are highly limited to the amount of logs you can upload.

HealthyDrones can read them, albeit it's not to the depth to do deep diagnostics or flight reconstruction. Seems that DJI saw fit to encrypt the logs with the lated Go update, and it broke several of the apps, like PhantomHelp also.

HealthyDrones can read them, albeit it's not to the depth to do deep diagnostics or flight reconstruction. Seems that DJI saw fit to encrypt the logs with the lated Go update, and it broke several of the apps, like PhantomHelp also.

Interesting. Think that is something that will get resolved soon?

Interesting. Think that is something that will get resolved soon?
I don't know that DJI sees it as a problem to be fixed. Seems it's the status quo moving forward. I could be wrong, but they're not acknowledging that they see it as an issue.

Speaking of logs, is it "good enough" to just use the logbook built into the DJI Go app? (assuming you don't use other apps like Lichi).

I was thinking of keeping my own Excel document but I couldn't figure out how to export it to a csv or something. Any advice?

I don't know that DJI sees it as a problem to be fixed.
They don't. They purposely encrypted them because they don't want anyone to access them. Or, so that's what they told me anyhow.

They don't. They purposely encrypted them because they don't want anyone to access them. Or, so that's what they told me anyhow.

So what would you suggest for keeping a good logbook? I'm not a pilot and haven't taken the 107 test yet but know there are advantages to keeping good logs and I thought Drone Logbook would allow me to do so but kinda stinks that you can't upload DJI Go logs.

HealthyDrones.com is the only comparable tool that I know of that is able to decrypt the logs. I wouldn't advise getting too cozy with it if you decide to check it out though. They are decrypting the logs without DJI's permission, so it's only a matter of time before their tool is also broken (again).

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantom4Flyer
I wonder if we start inundating them with emails expressing displeasure over the decision to encrypt the log files if that would help convince them to reverse course.

I wonder if we start inundating them with emails expressing displeasure over the decision to encrypt the log files if that would help convince them to reverse course.
Probably doesn't behoove them to do so. This way there's no third party way to dispute if they say you did something wrong and it's not warranty. If you think about it the only winner is DJI.

Probably doesn't behoove them to do so. This way there's no third party way to dispute if they say you did something wrong and it's not warranty. If you think about it the only winner is DJI.

That's likely the stance they will take. Too bad we can't cost them sales and force their hand.

In the EU you could issue a Data Protection request to get all the "personally identifiable data" they hold on you in their synced-cloud. As it's your flight data is attached to your account they MUST do this and not charge a fee greater than £10 (in the UK). As long as your request is not, in UK terms, vexatious, then they are required to comply in a timely fashion.

If they then understand that flight data belongs to the operator and not to DJI they may decide it is economically far better to just let users get this data in a self-service way.

They cannot get away with claiming their servers / service is outside the EU as the service is provided to you in the EU.

Reactions: Phantom4Flyer

You can still view them on the DJI Go though correct? Also, don't insurance companies have the right to look at your logs if there is an incident? How would they do so now that the logs are encrypted?

If they then understand that flight data belongs to the operator and not to DJI they may decide it is economically far better to just let users get this data in a self-service way.

I agree 1000% with your statement. The attitude that DJI seems to be taking is far too common, and it needs to be stopped. To do that, the first thing needed is for the drone community to make this topic front and center, and keep it there, until there is a change. Maybe then people will start to return their $1000+ drones because they do not accept the terms of the license, which places no limits on who and under what circumstances your data can be shared by them. Maybe when it starts to cost them $$$, they'll rethink their positions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic