DJI Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal Pitch/Tilt Issue.

Reaction score
Okay, so I had a pretty bad crash with my DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Gimbal plate broke, flex cable and 2.4Ghz antennas ripped right out of the gimbal and stripped the connectors off the end that connects to the logic board of the gimbal. The plastic connector on the gimbal logic board was ripped off too so I had to replace the entire logic board, which I did just fine.

Antennas, flex cable, & gimbal logic board (with another OEM from another DJI P3S) all replaced. Had an IMU calibration error and fixed that as well. I also resynced the RC to the new gimbal logic board so that's not an issue.

So all in all I got everything back up and in working order. Drone starts up just fine. The camera does what looks like its self test on startup. All the motors appear to be in working order as well. I can start up the rotors. I have GPS. I have a video feed. I have telemetry. I have everything working from within the app with no discernible errors to be found or noticed.

The one problem I am having is the gimbal won't pitch or tilt. I can calibrate the gimbal and the result of the calibration is successful but during that test the camera doesn't move at all like it should. I also cannot pitch or tilt from the controller wheel or the DJI go app. The control from the DJI go app actually appears to be greyed out which is strange.

Not sure on what else I can do to fix it. The pitch motor seems to work fine on startup during its self test but not when I want to actually use the controls for it. Any ideas anyone?

Oh, and another thing I noticed that I haven't before is that there is a steady blinking red light on the gimbal housing for the logic board. No beeping or anything, just a red blinking light. As I said before the app shows no errors so not sure what it means.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj