DJI Phantom 3 Standard Footage Shaky NOT Jello

Reaction score
Hallo Community and Phantom Pilots. I have some serious issues with my phantom 3 standard. The footage is shaky. BUT it is NOT every flight. I do not have a clue what could cause the shake: 1) IMU Calibration 2) Latest Firmware 3) New & balanced Props 4) new white damper 5) just 2 plastic clips 6) no foam behind the gimbal 7) gimbal calibration 8) no issues when filming hand held with the phantom 9) replaced the shake absorbing mounting plate. 10) ND Filter is on the Camera... Here are the flight data: Speed: 32 km/h. Wind: Low. Height: 90m.
and here is the link to the footage. It would be such a pleasure if anyone has an idea.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It MUST have something to do with the wind or the speed or the copter itself. The behaviour is so strange because sometimes the "jitter" is, sometimes not and it could happen during the same flight. The Card is a Samsung EVO Select microSDXC 64 GB UHS-I U3 card and it also happened with a Sandisk.

Yes can see slight jitters or shaking,how you know props balanced,,did you check,all motors feel tight at base,,start without props on and rev it see if motors all spin good with no shaking,,to me it seem it's getting vibration from something to shake cam,no play in gimble anywhere

Also, the yaw arm grub screw has been known to cause this when it isn't tight. It's a tiny Allen screw that holds the yaw arm to the yaw motor shaft.
I had similar jitter which was caused by something similar. Even though my yaw arm grub screw was tight, the hole in the yaw arm that the motor fits into had developed some wear, and I could actually wiggle the yaw arm a tiny bit on the yaw motor shaft.

Last edited:
@ianzone i will give your solution a try. The point i do not understand is that it jitters sometimes and sometimes not and that at the exact same flight (litchi mission).
@mdowney58 all screws are really tight. I double checked them :(
Also even if props are new do you have another set to try,sometimes when prop turns the blade tips can be uneven which could cause this intermittent shake,I see if I can find picture to be explain

This pic show uneven so check cause it does happen,,I'm sure my p4 had this aswell
Screenshot_20190424-192003.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic