DJI phantom 3 pro won’t connect to the app

Reaction score
So I’ve experienced the infamous (controller connects to the drone but does not connect to the app) issue. I’ve done ALL of the troubleshooting options that DJI gave me. I’m thinking that the issue is in the usb board on the back of the controller. I ordered and new board on amazon. I think it’s the board because there seems to be no connection between the controller and the phone. Does this seem to be the issue or am I way off?

Options:

- new controller ($150-250$
- send controller in which I don’t want to do because I need the drone in a few days $?
- new board ($24.99 on amazon)

Issue in GL300 Interfaces Board is very likely if you have GL300a, and a little less but still likely if you have b/c. Make sure you buy a board for proper model. Also, for GL300a, there are flashing procedures which often solve the issue.

Issue in GL300 Interfaces Board is very likely if you have GL300a, and a little less but still likely if you have b/c. Make sure you buy a board for proper model. Also, for GL300a, there are flashing procedures which often solve the issue.
It is a gl300b and I ordered the proper board. I’m not completely sure if this is the problem but if it isn’t I’m not sure what else could cause complete usb failure. The app just says how to connect and never says it’s connected

Did you try this? Worked for me.

The "Red" light on your RC means there is no communication between it and your phantom. Try to re-link them. You need to go into the App and under settings select "Link". After which you need to push in the button just above your gimbal. One is the LED and one is a link button. Use a small pen or end of a paper clip or something to depress this button. Hold it in for a couple seconds and your phantom should re-link in less than a minute. Light should turn green on your RC and you should be good to go. If you don't know which button to push you can look in your manual.

Did you try this? Worked for me.

The "Red" light on your RC means there is no communication between it and your phantom. Try to re-link them. You need to go into the App and under settings select "Link". After which you need to push in the button just above your gimbal. One is the LED and one is a link button. Use a small pen or end of a paper clip or something to depress this button. Hold it in for a couple seconds and your phantom should re-link in less than a minute. Light should turn green on your RC and you should be good to go. If you don't know which button to push you can look in your manual.
no my remote is linked fine. It’s my phone that won’t connect. I did actually replace the usb board but that was not the issue

Buying a new remote because apparently DJI has no f*****g clue why everyone has the SAME issue. Honestly considering offering a cash reward for anyone who can solve this.

I have this problem after I purchased a new Tab S2 (which is an approved device). If I google this issue there are all sorts of issues on the Disconnected status. I currently have a ticket open with DJI support and still have no resolution. I do know I can connect with my Samsung phone, my old Tab S. I'll give you a link for more info on this subject. Samsung s2 tablet doesnt work with DJI

Buying a new remote because apparently DJI has no f*****g clue why everyone has the SAME issue. Honestly considering offering a cash reward for anyone who can solve this.
I know it sounds crazy but uninstall and reinstall dji go and relink rc/ac. If you have litch installed, try uninstalling it. Worked for me. Good luck
I have this problem after I purchased a new Tab S2 (which is an approved device). If I google this issue there are all sorts of issues on the Disconnected status. I currently have a ticket open with DJI support and still have no resolution. I do know I can connect with my Samsung phone, my old Tab S. I'll give you a link for more info on this subject. Samsung s2 tablet doesnt work with DJI

Got mine to work but requires some pre checks. Before you start the DJIGO app check the USB configuration in Developer options. To get to the developer options select apps then settings then scroll down left side and select Developer options, if you do not see that option it means it is not enabled. To enable Developer options scroll down to About on the left side of the screen select it and on the right side you should see Build with some numbers click on the build 7 times to enable Developer Options. Now that it is an option you need to turn it on so go back to the left side and select Developer Options it will change the info on the right hand side again but at the top is a slide button to enable Developer Options. Once it is enabled go back to the left side and select Developer options. From this selection scroll down on the info on the right hand side and look for USB Debugging make sure it is not enabled. Now continue down the list on the right hand side and look for USB Configuration select it and it should open a pop up window and MTF is probably selected, select the RNDIS option. Now go back to the left side and select About the screen will refresh after that go back to select Developer Options again verify USB Options are still RNDIS if so you are set. Now start the controller link the aircraft the DJIGO app should pop up and should be connected. If not close the app by double tapping the return to exit, then go back to settings screen and check the USB configurations and if not set for RINDS select it. I know this sounds like a lot to get it to work but after I did this all I do now is check the USB Configuration and select RINDS then power up as normal.
P3P Samsung Tab S2 Android 7.0,
AC 1.11.20
RC 1.9.2
App 3.1.40

Last edited:
Reactions: Bkay43
Got mine to work but requires some pre checks. Before you start the DJIGO app check the USB configuration in Developer options. To get to the developer options select apps then settings then scroll down left side and select Developer options, if you do not see that option it means it is not enabled. To enable Developer options scroll down to About on the left side of the screen select it and on the right side you should see Build with some numbers click on the build 7 times to enable Developer Options. Now that it is an option you need to turn it on so go back to the left side and select Developer Options it will change the info on the right hand side again but at the top is a slide button to enable Developer Options. Once it is enabled go back to the left side and select Developer options. From this selection scroll down on the info on the right hand side and look for USB Debugging make sure it is not enabled. Now continue down the list on the right hand side and look for USB Configuration select it and it should open a pop up window and MTF is probably selected, select the RNDIS option. Now go back to the left side and select About the screen will refresh after that go back to select Developer Options again verify USB Options are still RNDIS if so you are set. Now start the controller link the aircraft the DJIGO app should pop up and should be connected. If not close the app by double tapping the return to exit, then go back to settings screen and check the USB configurations and if not set for RINDS select it. I know this sounds like a lot to get it to work but after I did this all I do now is check the USB Configuration and select RINDS then power up as normal.
P3P Samsung Tab S2 Android 7.0,
AC 1.11.20
RC 1.9.2
App 3.1.40

This worked for me, thanks!

I fly using a Nvidia Shield and I have to check the USBConfigurastion every time or they won't connect. Not sure why the Shield won't remember this setting??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost