DIY Sun Blocker?

Reaction score
Hi all... After hunting on Amazon.CA I found one sun blocker for my iPhone 6 plus. Price is around $50.

I'm just wondering if anyone has made their own, or am I going to have to bite the bullet and shell out what seems like a lot of money for something I really don't think is worth $50?

Thanks!!!

IMG_0160.jpg
I would sell you mine for half that price,,,,,Little cardboard and some shipping tape, flat black paint, and 5 minutes. I could cut that price in half if you want to buy 10 of them. LOL

Little cardboard and some shipping tape, flat black paint,

Same here... cardboard, self-stick Velcro, and shipping tape... haven't gotten around to painting yet but it works great. Wish I had a pic.

Reactions: Phill2 and RW8888
Here's my first one, made for a smaller tablet than I have now.

It sticks to the top and back of the Phantom 3 tablet holder

IMG_20180405_122054_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: timdks
Here's a cheap one for the iPhone 6

Foldable Monitor Sun Hood, Cell Phone - Tablet Sunshade Sun Visor Cover for DJI All Series, Compatible with DJI Mavic Pro / Spark / Phantom / Inspire / Osmo (L111) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076WWVKG1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_rjLXAb1Q36VXQ

I've been eyeing the bigger size for my tablet. There are a lot of them out there cheaper than 50...

Reactions: KentA
Here's a cheap one for the iPhone 6

Foldable Monitor Sun Hood, Cell Phone - Tablet Sunshade Sun Visor Cover for DJI All Series, Compatible with DJI Mavic Pro / Spark / Phantom / Inspire / Osmo (L111) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076WWVKG1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_rjLXAb1Q36VXQ

I've been eyeing the bigger size for my tablet. There are a lot of them out there cheaper than 50...

I know... I've seen them on Amazon.COM - however, I deal with Amazon.CA because I'm living in Canada. If I were to order one from the US, I don't think I'd be saving much after the dollar exchange and the duty charge at the border. And unfortunately, the Canadian Amazon only has the one model for the iPhone - for $50. Lots of them there for the iPad and iPad Mini however. :(

Both photo examples are what I was thinking about but could not see HOW to make them in my mind's eye because at my age it is almost blind.:D

Now that I have the photos I think I'll make both versions. Goodness knows I have lots of cardboard. When you receive three batteries and one of those take-off/landing pads from Amazon in one week, the boxes seem to pile up before you know it.

I know... I've seen them on Amazon.COM - however, I deal with Amazon.CA because I'm living in Canada.

Sorry, didn't realize...

Now that I have the photos I think I'll make both versions.

I just now followed this link in the "similar threads" section below, it has a photo of a nice layout template - better than my box lol

Did you check eBay.CA?
Thanks for giving me the thought to visit eBay.CA!!! I just finished ordering it. Total, including tax and delivery...$10.36. It would probably cost me this much for packing tape, not to mention the half day that it would take me to make it. :D

This is my first purchase from eBay ever. I was always an Amazon guy. I guess I'll be doing a lot of comparing for future purchases. Here's what my $10 got me:

Attachments

• sunshade.jpg
    sunshade.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair